Stihl ms462

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nighthunter

addicted to arboristsite
Reaction score
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, and only used it in anger this morning image.jpgand after running it for awhile I realised that there is a constant vibration in the handles, so bad in fact that I'm stihl feeling it in my hands an hour later after it costing €1100, it's disappointing to say the least so back to the dealer it will go Tuesday. I let you know what happens

Contact Stihl. "Human" on YouTube had a new 362 do the same thing. Stihl replaced the powerhead. He said it vibrated so bad his hands would go numb.

That is disappointing. I want a 462 so bad man, but I think I'm going ahead with My plans for a 461 and wait for the 462 to get some time under its belt.

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, and only used it in anger this morning View attachment 655559and after running it for awhile I realised that there is a constant vibration in the handles, so bad in fact that I'm stihl feeling it in my hands an hour later after it costing €1100, it's disappointing to say the least so back to the dealer it will go Tuesday. I let you know what happens

Well that sucks!

Contact Stihl. "Human" on YouTube had a new 362 do the same thing. Stihl replaced the powerhead. He said it vibrated so bad his hands would go numb.

That is disappointing. I want a 462 so bad man, but I think I'm going ahead with My plans for a 461 and wait for the 462 to get some time under its belt.
I’ve been in the fence about this as well , get the 461 now or wait. I’m sure Stihl will make it right they did with Human. I respect them for that and will continue to support Stihl. I would think that most of the bugs will be worked out by the time we get it in the U.S which will be the first quarter of ‘19 according to the Stihl rep I talked to last week. We will see though I think they are moving in the right direction for sure though with the 462.

I’ve been in the fence about this as well , get the 461 now or wait. I’m sure Stihl will make it right they did with Human. I respect them for that and will continue to support Stihl. I would think that most of the bugs will be worked out by the time we get it in the U.S which will be the first quarter of ‘19 according to the Stihl rep I talked to last week. We will see though I think they are moving in the right direction for sure though with the 462.

3rd quarter of 2019 per Stihl themselves.

3rd quarter of 2019 per Stihl themselves.
You could be right , I emailed them last week and asked that along with a few other questions and they told me the first quarter. Who knows for sure. The person that I talked to could’ve not known what they were talking about.

I thought Stihl’s extreme vibration was a known characteristic on all their equipment? If I bought a Stihl brand anything and it vibrated the snot out of me I would expect that to be normal; hence I don’t run Stihl but with 1 exception; Ms200t.my moms stihl fs70 string trimmer puts my entire arms to sleep and hands go numb in 20 minutes. Can’t stand that thing.

For updates, I never had any more problems with vibrations in the handles so it must have been on my end that had the problems

For updates, I never had any more problems with vibrations in the handles so it must have been on my end that had the problems

Maybe something that originally wasn't fitting (or fitted) properly finally vibrated (or wore) into place?

I have mixed experiences with vibes on older Stihl machines - but it really shouldn't be an issue with the latest generation of chainsaws, if everything is right.

I'd very much doubt it because my other saws ran fine that day
Well it probably wasn’t that then. I’m wanting to buy one as soon as the get to the U.S. hopefully you don’t have anymore problems out of yours and the can get all the bugs worked out of them soon.

Well it probably wasn’t that then. I’m wanting to buy one as soon as the get to the U.S. hopefully you don’t have anymore problems out of yours and the can get all the bugs worked out of them soon.
I used to run 461s and loved them, they where a serous saw to run but the 462 is amazing. I can start it with 3 pulls from cold with out fail and 1 pull from warm. It's used and abused daily on either 20 or 25, all my other saws are collecting dust since I bought it.

Latest posts

Back