Stihl MS660 Raffle...Please Help My Brother

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eric,
I haven't had a chance to publicly thank you for the JD chainsaw. We've kind of worked this out in the background. But you, my friend, have a heart of gold.

So let's reward this man's generosity and get in on this thing!!

I feel lame suggesting this in light of the generous donation, but I think we should see how many novas we can put up under his name!

Litefoot, when is the raffle over?? I will enter, but I'm on the road and have limited access to PayPal?? Sorry to hear about your brother.

I'm in!!

Also just wanted to let you guys know that I did a copy and paste on the e-mail addy and had to take the dot out of the address and type it back in to get Paypal to accept the address. Just in case anyone else had the same problem.:confused:

I did the same thing but it didn't show up for Joel to accept it. I had to cancel that payment and redo it by typing in the address and this time it went through. Check your account and see if the payment is still sitting there waiting to be accepted. If so, you will need to redo it.

I don't need to be in the raffle, cause I got plenty of saws. But I do want to chip in Joel, so please PM me the address.

Everybody helped me out with the one I did last year, so no way I would let this pass without joining in.

Eric,
I haven't had a chance to publicly thank you for the JD chainsaw. We've kind of worked this out in the background. But you, my friend, have a heart of gold.

So let's reward this man's generosity and get in on this thing!!

I'm glad to help out, I just hope it bumps the numbers up on your brothers behalf, Please keep us posted on his condition. Eric

I did the same thing but it didn't show up for Joel to accept it. I had to cancel that payment and redo it by typing in the address and this time it went through. Check your account and see if the payment is still sitting there waiting to be accepted. If so, you will need to redo it.

I just checked and mine shows "completed". Good thing to double check though.:cheers:

Check your e-mail. My paypal goes through my checking account and takes a couple days to clear. My CC was attached to an old PP account I closed and they will not let me use it on my new one because you cannot use a CC on two accounts even if one is closed.:censored:

I thought this advice, given to an injured bike rider in my area, might be helpful to your brother ?

"Every day try to do one more thing than the day before no matter what it is. Set a goal and keep moving forward."

Check your e-mail. My paypal goes through my checking account and takes a couple days to clear. My CC was attached to an old PP account I closed and they will not let me use it on my new one because you cannot use a CC on two accounts even if one is closed.:censored:

Jerry,
Thanks for letting me know. I'll check my e-mails again.

Litefoot, when is the raffle over?? I will enter, but I'm on the road and have limited access to PayPal?? Sorry to hear about your brother.

The end date has not been set. I was going to run it for 2 weeks, but in the interest of time, I might end it earlier. I will also wait a few days for any mailed donations to arrive.

You guys help me out here. I want everyone to have a chance at the saws, so could we say end the raffle this Saturday, but give all mailed donations until the following Saturday to arrive and then have the drawing that day (9/27)?

Last edited:
I thought this advice, given to an injured bike rider in my area, might be helpful to your brother ?

"Every day try to do one more thing than the day before no matter what it is. Set a goal and keep moving forward."

I think I'm going to print this entire thread so Jock can read all the great comments and well-wishes. Thank you, guys.

Well if your going to do that.

Jock - Don't get discouraged.
As my wife was recovering she would tell me "but I can't".
It started the first day, about a week after the second stroke, when she was finally able to twitch her little finger.
"But I can't move my foot"
She progressed so she could move her foot.
"But I can't move my leg"
I had a standard response: "You can't leap tall buildings with a single bound".
Well now she's up to short buildings and doghouses.
Hang in there, the worst thing to lose is hope.

...but in the interest of time
There's no reason that cash can't go to your brother now while the raffle is still going. Send it.
I think you should run it the 2 weeks, at least. Get the most you can out of that beautiful saw you've given for him and the JD donated by Ed. Let it run until everyone that wants to help is in. When you see the interest slow down then give a "last call".

Last edited:
There's no reason that cash can't go to your brother now while the raffle is still going. Send it.
I think you should run it the 2 weeks, at least. Get the most you can out of that beautiful saw you've given for him and the JD donated. Let it run until everyone that wants to help is in. When you see the interest slow down then give a "last call".

I agree. Get him the money and let it run.

I think you should run it the 2 weeks, at least. Get the most you can out of that beautiful saw you've given for him and the JD donated by Ed. Let it run until everyone that wants to help is in. When you see the interest slow down then give a "last call".

I agree. Get him the money and let it run.

:agree2::agree2: sometimes guys are away from the board for a while and miss the thread only to learn about it after the fact. let it go at least 2 weeks.....

Latest posts

Back