Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, they are close in speed with the Husky being a bit faster, as always..
Then the 390 is also lighter, smoother and has better filtration.
Now I will look at slinger's next vid, the 460 vs the 372, but I think it will be
the same story there.

A bit faster. .5 of a second and the builder even said the 660 is better in bigger wood.;) No reason to hate on either saw, they both do their job well. Yup, the 372 was more of a "bit faster" at 2 seconds. But I ain't trading in my 044/460 for a 372.:laugh:

and pruned fruit trees for six years.
I pruned almonds for ages with 200T's and 009's. Good little saws but classing that as chainsaw experience in the real world of tree felling is a joke. You don't even have to know how to sharpen a chain properly to successfully cut a 4" branch.
Glad knobby is gone but the way he lost the plot there with threats etc I'm thinking...
war-on-drugs2.jpg

More than likely in combination...

20 years old and about 8 years saw experience? Yeah good one peanut. Not only a crap speller but not real smart at mathematics either I would suggest.
Good riddance :censored:

P.S. Brad.
If he is right though and my modded 7900 won't outcut my 29cc Echo can I get a refund? ;)

Last edited:
So to summarize this thread...

Slingr saws....good
MS660....good
390 xp.... good

Cussing and talking smack in the sandbox, good until 4:00am....when it gets you ....banned

sure beats late night diet infomercials....

angelo,

Ha! You just wait. I ordered a six month supply for my new tofu stomach melter diet™ and got a free, yes totally free, ab master rocket wheel™.

We'll see who laughs last,

ole joat

PS: Please PM me if you know if the batteries are included with the ab master rocket wheel™?

i cut firewood, but i also have thinned timber, and pruned fruit trees for six years.
and no its not pointless to run a .404 a .404 has as much of an advantage over the 3/8 as the 3/8 has over a .325. most logging outfits in the PNW use 70cc saws for most cutting and most run 32 inch bars, so the 90cc saws they use will have longer bars 36-42 and generally be .404, and these saws are used for stuff that a 32 inch bar wont handle. understand? why does me saying this make me a bad guy? its how things are. so i figure the saws should be tested as such, so when a 90cc saw wears a 32 inch or smaller bar with 3/8 it isnt used around here to fall timber, it will most likely be used in hardwood. so the tests should go a long those lines, just to be more realistic. this is all i am saying, and i have been attacked the whole time for simply stating this. also by me saying this im not saying anyhting negative about slingr saws im just stating that its not really a fair assesment. and if you wonder why i say its not fair, well because if you step up to the larger bar/chain the 660 will be faster than the 390, well if you dip that 32 inch bar into hardwood, the results may very well lean the other way, this is the whole point im making.

If you don't know why people are jumping down your throat, then well. I can't help ya KID.

The difference in cut speed of these two saws was negligible. I measured a mere .4 seconds. It comes down to preference IMHO.

Yes, but its not just about the .4seconds, as Slinger has posted some well a few posts ago. I'd take a 390 any day over a 660.

Absolutely! Just send it on back. Don't mind if you do:)

Do you modify 29cc Echos Brad and if so will it pull a 32" bar in Douglas Fir?
I'll bet an internal organ that when this new modified 7900 arrives I'll be in a big dilemma on whether to freight you my other 7900 to get modded. I bet I will. Damn it. Damn CAD. Damn it...

angelo,

Ha! You just wait. I ordered a six month supply for my new tofu stomach melter diet™ and got a free, yes totally free, ab master rocket wheel™.

We'll see who laughs last,

ole joat

PS: Please PM me if you know if the batteries are included with the ab master rocket wheel™?

Joat,
Only you could possibly think that a tofu stomach melter would work on anything but 36" seasoned Doug Fir. I can't believe you would not use the "all natural bran 'cleanser' " for that 48" hardwood belly of yours...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Have ya seen that new SHAM WOW ? wheh I need me some of those...

All you saw nerds have totaly missed BB's point. If you just had of put 1/2" pitch chipper on the 066 and 390, you may have just proved something!!
Bunch of idiots!! Lol:chainsaw:
Gypo

This has got to be the funniest thread yet on AS. It's too bad BB got the axe, he didn't seem to be a BSer, just very stubborn about what he believes to be true. He probably is just suspended. Good entertainment for sure.
Gypo

Latest posts

Back