Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to work for a building contractor friend of mine, building houses and re-models and concrete work, etc...
Ready to be home everynight.

dont forget your vaughan cf1, fatmax and swanson speed square... :greenchainsaw:

post up some pics. i always like the way Nth America frames their houses. oh and OSB everywhere

oh, how cold is it in the mornings atm where you are?

Serg

dont forget your vaughan cf1, fatmax and swanson speed square... :greenchainsaw:

post up some pics. i always like the way Nth America frames their houses. oh and OSB everywhere

oh, how cold is it in the mornings atm where you are?

Serg

I got a Stiletto hammer, titanium I think. I used to have a Death Stick.

I got a Stiletto hammer, titanium I think. I used to have a Death Stick.

haha that suits you....and your heavy metal streak. :clap:

i wish i got some of the old og harts and dealuge's but i missed out :(

Vaughan have excellent customer service and let me deal with them direct....even remembered me after a 5 year spell.

what are you using for framing lunmber? (size and species)

Serg

haha that suits you....and your heavy metal streak. :clap:

i wish i got some of the old og harts and dealuge's but i missed out :(

Vaughan have excellent customer service and let me deal with them direct....even remembered me after a 5 year spell.

what are you using for framing lunmber? (size and species)

Serg

Doug fir, 2x4 interior walls, 2x6 exterior. Fabricated 2x4 trusses.

Doug fir, 2x4 interior walls, 2x6 exterior. Fabricated 2x4 trusses.

whats a 2x4 ...hahah i think youll find its 38x90 (mm) and i guess everything is at 406.4mm centers (16inches):spam:

im sure youll find a use for your 390xp....maybe cutting a whole pack of tji's to lenght or cutting pockets in the flooring....:greenchainsaw:

Serg

You guys should see my new saw: a 7 1/4in magnesium Skil saw. Monday morning I will be putting on the leather Occidental nail bags.

I might as well Hi-jack my own thread.

What....No timed vids???

OH!!!! It's on now...... I'll run my 15 year old Bosh against that thing anyday. :bringit:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:cheers:

I worked in a shop once that had a worm gear drive big circ saw. We used it for cutting the cast aluminum tanks off of charge air coolers. That mother worked like a charm. It cut aluminum like its was pine. Needed lotsa wax though....

I just got back from Williams Creek fire as a type 1 HELO manager. I'm surprised you're not out on a fire, there's a couple of good ones in your area plus central Cali is going up now.

Have not been out since de-mob on July 21, typical political BS. I am not waiting around and turning down work anymore.

Have not been out since de-mob on July 21, typical political BS. I am not waiting around and turning down work anymore.

I'm with you there. I never did sign up for one of those associations, it always seemed like there was a core group of good old boys who got all the work. Oh well, screw it. There's other things to do. Between saws and contracting, I thinking you'll be pretty busy.

I'm with you there. I never did sign up for one of those associations, it always seemed like there was a core group of good old boys who got all the work. Oh well, screw it. There's other things to do. Between saws and contracting, I thinking you'll be pretty busy.

Yeah, ready to be home at night - I am into my fitness big time, been doing it at home daily, and my son is busy with football - nice to be in a routine.

Fire season has started early here this year, up the coast where the SIL is they hit 100*F last week and it's still winter :jawdrop:

There's been fires starting all over the state, with the local bushfire crew out to two fires at the end of last week (both started by cockies (graziers) burning stumps and crap.....one of them was the brigade deputy captain....)

Fire season has started early here this year, up the coast where the SIL is they hit 100*F last week and it's still winter :jawdrop:

There's been fires starting all over the state, with the local bushfire crew out to two fires at the end of last week (both started by cockies (graziers) burning stumps and crap.....one of them was the brigade deputy captain....)

Woke up to -2 C this morning. You'd think it would kill the black flies, but it brings them out in hoards as the day warms up.
Gypo

Not sure where Ed is these days, but I've been using a 359 he built for me and have sliced and diced at least 60 cords and I swear it's getting stronger.
Gypo

I suspect he isn't doing well these days, his website has been down for about a year, and he had health issues even before that.......:censored:

Jokers also left the sites he was on (as far as I know) at about the same time.

Last edited:
Back