Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sling'r thanks for the video, I will not be as ignorant to say that it was pointless, it did have some merit and I appreciated your opinion on the two saws. However I believe someone mentioned it previously, it would be nice to see the saws in bigger, harder wood with bigger bars to see how they do at that. But if you can't/don't/won't show it no big deal I can take that one video for what it was.

BB, you started with a valid point and then went all crazy :dizzy: on us, stay away from the glue. If your point was to show another side to the story stick to the facts and your point, it would be better understood. Leave the trash talkin somewhere else cause it just degrade's your validity. If the trash talkin / fight was your game all along, then thanks for the laughs.

I can vouch for Jasha, he builds a mean saw.

Now what I would like to see is a Sling'r saw against a Snellerized saw. But that is a different post.

I have a idea, how about I buy another 346 and send one to Sling'r and one to Brad and do a shootout?

Well looks like BB musta choked on his own... ummm..... feet. :laugh:

Sorry for all the fun Slinger..... we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress. :cheers:

Everyone knows about Sling'r work and have seen that by his videos, and by reputable word of mouth, he is a man of integrity!

Yes the saws in the vid would test better in bigger wood, but I for one will take Sling'r word for it. Not on an empty notion that this video is all the proof I need, but from phone conversations with friends that will stand behind Sling's work. Friends that own stock and saws modded saws by Sling'r , they will swear by his work!

There are some that could think that the 660 could tolerate a little more timing advance in that size wood?

I understand BB's earlier point, he is right, but it is not Sling'r motive to blow any smoke here.

Word in the woods is he dose fantastic work! :cheers:

Last edited:
Slingr great vid.
I wonder how my 394 would do?
Is Doug Fir an especially hard soft wood or did I miss something?
Brad thanks for the quote you rock and so do your saws!

Haha this is nuts, I could give a hoot - there will be critics and there with be those who rant and rave.

I will say that the 660 would probably pull a longer bar better, the 390 has more chain speed.

I have been cutting professionally for 15 years in 9 western states, so I would think I do have some real world testing.

Anyway BarkBuster, you can have your opinions, don't bother me much - but I would love to proove you wrong. I am an honest guy and I would pay shipping back and forth on your 044 and do a little test to make you look as stupid as you sound.
Jasha.

Geez, the new guy seems pretty riled. The way I see it, if a saw runs 10000 rpm in the cut with a 7 pin sprocket, the chain speed will be the same if it is a 90 cc saw or a 32 cc saw. A small saw can not MAINTAIN that rpm in the cut if you lean on it too hard. A more powerful saw will cut small diameter OR large diameter logs faster. It's physics.

Last edited:
Haha this is nuts, I could give a hoot - there will be critics and there with be those who rant and rave.

I will say that the 660 would probably pull a longer bar better, the 390 has more chain speed.

I have been cutting professionally for 15 years in 9 western states, so I would think I do have some real world testing.

Anyway BarkBuster, you can have your opinions, don't bother me much - but I would love to proove you wrong. I am an honest guy and I would pay shipping back and forth on your 044 and do a little test to make you look as stupid as you sound.
Jasha.

Sounds like the bottom line to me...

Jasha.

He said it was stock. I am sure you could round up a stock 044/440 and do a test. Givven it is not his saw, but it would verify his point. Heck, even a stock 460 or 372 vs both of those saw's would be a test to prove him wrong.

He said it was stock. I am sure you could round up a stock 044/440 and do a test. Givven it is not his saw, but it would verify his point. Heck, even a stock 460 or 372 vs both of those saw's would be a test to prove him wrong.

I don't think he needs much prove'n. :laugh:

idiots.jpg

I just got on here and read this thread from start to finish and all I can say is WOW!!! 1st off if I lived close enough I would be happy to slap this BB guy for everyone but I don't. Anyone close enough to him and want to do it feel free. As for this picture, This is the funniest thing I've ever seen or read on AS. BTW BB was supposed to be in the middle but his brothers were to embarrassed to have him in the picture!:greenchainsaw:

Over 100 posts in one day.....WOW. I believe the wood in the video is about the size/type used in the professional competitions. Hate to see a good thread hijacked.

Just got a new 390XP thats riding a 28" bar. Can't wait to give it a test drive.

Back