Stihl MS660 vs Husqvarna 390xp (vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay i will carefully explain everything, anyone who doesnt have the ability to understand this may as well just commit suicide, cause your a lost cause.
For one i never once said the husky was better or the stihl was better, that has nothing to do with what im saying. second off, which is my main point. that size wood, being doug fir (anyone who hasnt cut doug fir may as well keep there mouths shut) coupled with the size of the bar and chain on those 90cc saws, will not give you an accurate depiction of how powerfull either saws are, but of course all you modders support it, because a "modded" saw wont appear to have better preformance if its cutting the size wood its intended for. you juice a saw up and sink it in little softwood to try and make some money, your all pathetic. put a real bar and chain on that saw and sink it into real wood AND BACK UP YOUR WORK. your basicly false advertising. your making people believe the saw is getting more of an increase than it really is. anyway i expect a lot more stupid comments to follow this so bring it on. i know you modders are just trying to get more businus, how much you guys charge to MM and port a saw? bunch of ####in rip offs. spend the extra money and get a bigger saw itll do better. AND BIG SAWS ARE FOR BIG WOOD. morons.

What exactly is a "real" bar and chain, you got your 30'' so are you out falling 50''+ beech trees all the time? milking that mighty 44 for all its worth?

or mabe you couldn't cut your way through a sheet of rice paper you puss..

If you wanna argue, do it about somthing worth arguing over you #### eating cock master...

What exactly is a "real" bar and chain, you got your 30'' so are you out falling 50''+ beech trees all the time? milking that mighty 44 for all its worth?

or mabe you couldn't cut your way through a sheet of rice paper you puss..

If you wanna argue, do it about somthing worth arguing over you #### eating cock master...

well, its a little creepy knowing you think about being a cock master. heres how it is, 044 is a work saw, 30 inch bar is perfect for it, and i dont fall beech trees, but yes i fall a significant amount of 50inch or better bhd trees, doug fir and alder. apperently your in the area, why dont we just meet up, then you can talk smack like your doing.

well, its a little creepy knowing you think about being a cock master. heres how it is, 044 is a work saw, 30 inch bar is perfect for it, and i dont fall beech trees, but yes i fall a significant amount of 50inch or better bhd trees, doug fir and alder. apperently your in the area, why dont we just meet up, then you can talk smack like your doing.

Wow!!! what a valid point to illustrate your argument, I can't believe I didn't see your point befo...... no wait..... yep!!... still a dumba$$.

Wow!!! what a valid point to illustrate your argument, I can't believe I didn't see your point befo...... no wait..... yep!!... still a dumba$$.

okay, if the 390 has higher rpms with the 32 inch bar, but as slingr said when it comes to bigger bar, and chain and wood the 660 then beats it? if by all your logic the more powerfull saw will always have the higher rpm range then shouldnt the 660 have higher rpms in the smaller wood too? oh wait? what? thats what i thought.

Eric cartman would want to kick your ass for dissing terrance and Phillip like that guy..

Funny you should mention you live in my area cause i have yet to find ANY good sized hardwoods and very few big conifers around here but that dosent mean there arent any.

You can come to my house, it wouldent be a good idea but thats on you.

And one last thing, it seems as though you are the main nominee for the #### talking ribbon my friend, but my vote is 1

Eric cartman would want to kick your ass for dissing terrance and Phillip like that guy..

Funny you should mention you live in my area cause i have yet to find ANY good sized hardwoods and very few big conifers around here but that dosent mean there arent any.

You can come to my house, it wouldent be a good idea but thats on you.

And one last thing, it seems as though you are the main nominee for the #### talking ribbon my friend, but my vote is 1

just know, that wherever i am, i wont ever be the one that needs to worry. now that thats out of the way, when did i say anythign about hardwood, there is big firs around here and alder (alder is a hardwood) theres also maple, and cottonwood, maple is tough, when its seasoned its real tough. might be a good test around here.

okay, if the 390 has higher rpms with the 32 inch bar, but as slingr said when it comes to bigger bar, and chain and wood the 660 then beats it? if by all your logic the more powerfull saw will always have the higher rpm range then shouldnt the 660 have higher rpms in the smaller wood too? oh wait? what? thats what i thought.

Nope!! Not what I said at all... I'll say again

if your wondering why im calling you stupid, its because your little brain cant comprehend the point im making.

I'm gonna type this slow, try and keep up now....

If the 390 turns more RPMs than the 660 it will cut faster in smaller wood, but if the 660 can hold it's RPMs better in larger wood then at some point the 390 loses more RPMs and becomes slower than the 660.

Your 044 is neither faster in smaller wood or able to hold it's RPMs better in bigger wood... no way it will EVER out cut either one of those saws in ANY wood.

If saw A has more RPM to start with than saw B and is capable of holding those RPMs better in larger more demanding wood... than saw A will always be faster than saw B.

This ain't rocket surgery. :dizzy:

If the 390 turns more RPMs than the 660 it will cut faster in smaller wood, but if the 660 can hold it's RPMs better in larger wood then at some point the 390 loses more RPMs and becomes slower than the 660.

Your 044 is neither faster in smaller wood or able to hold it's RPMs better in bigger wood... no way it will EVER out cut either one of those saws in ANY wood.

If saw A has more RPM to start with than saw B and is capable of holding those RPMs better in larger more demanding wood... than saw A will always be faster than saw B.

i believe my 044 revs out higher than either the husky or the 066, im not completely sure on this, but i didnt think the 660 would rev out higher than the 044. and since i have started all this crazy havoc, i will put up a video tomorrow, but i will be cutting bigger rounds of fir, just so i can be proved either wrong or right.

rocket surgery lol that took me a second!

i believe my 044 revs out higher than either the husky or the 066, im not completely sure on this, but i didnt think the 660 would rev out higher than the 044. and since i have started all this crazy havoc, i will put up a video tomorrow, but i will be cutting bigger rounds of fir, just so i can be proved either wrong or right.

You're STOCK 044 is speced at 13,500 wide open no load RPMs and probably cuts at around 8,000 to 9,000 RPMs.

Slingers NOT STOCK 390 and 660 are probably (I'll let slinger say for sure) turning around 14,000 to 14,500 no load RPMs and probably cutting somewhere between 10,000 and 12,000 RPMs.

Your 044 is never faster at any point in the spectrum.

You guys gotta admit, though, a shootout between AS's superstar builders -- not just Jasha and Brad, but all of 'em -- on the same saw would be pretty cool. It doesn't matter what the saw is, so long as they start with the same raw material. It'd be neat to see the finished products run through different wood, with different b/c combos, etc. I have a sneaking suspicion that every approach has something we can all learn from! I double-dog dare ya!

(BTW: good job, Sling'r. I hope someday I can get you to do one of my saws. Your work is solid.)

You guys gotta admit, though, a shootout between AS's superstar builders -- not just Jasha and Brad, but all of 'em -- on the same saw would be pretty cool. It doesn't matter what the saw is, so long as they start with the same raw material. It'd be neat to see the finished products run through different wood, with different b/c combos, etc. I have a sneaking suspicion that every approach has something we can all learn from! I double-dog dare ya!

(BTW: good job, Sling'r. I hope someday I can get you to do one of my saws. Your work is solid.)

very good idea.

You're STOCK 044 is speced at 13,500 wide open no load RPMs and probably cuts at around 8,000 to 9,000 RPMs.

Slingers NOT STOCK 390 and 660 are probably (I'll let slinger say for sure) turning around 14,000 to 14,500 no load RPMs and probably cutting somewhere between 10,000 and 12,000 RPMs.

Your 044 is never faster at any point in the spectrum.

hm you think so huh

Unless you're lying about your 044 being stock I know so..... I have two 044s and three 660s. :laugh:

its stock, i was more insinuating the cuttin rpms on the other saws was no where near 12k, maybe 10. and i suspect they wouldnt preform as well turned up like that with a bigger bar, and bigger chain, in larger wood.

its stock, i was more insinuating the cuttin rpms on the other saws was no where near 12k, maybe 10. and i suspect they wouldnt preform as well turned up like that with a bigger bar, and bigger chain, in larger wood.

No, you weren't. Now you're backpedlling. You insinuated your stock 44 would run faster then either of these saws in similar wood.

It's amazing that you can have both feet in your mouth with your head so far up your a$$

how do you figure that? trying to get your dose of tough guy in behind your monitor? trying to make up for having a small pecker? pissed of f that your wife is cheating on you? and i still never said my 044 wont outcut those saws in smaller wood, you have made the mistake of going full retard. what i said was is that i was doubting the cutting rpm that eric had just listed, i did no back peddeling.

Listen here, you window licking mental midget:

In page 2 of this thread, post 16, you said this:

this video means absolutely nothing, my 044 with a 30 inch bar would beat either one of those in that particular wood.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You're the laughing stock of this thread and about to be the laughing stock of this board. Please drink bleach, etc.

Latest posts

Back