• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I have another 660 to sell. This is a pretty clean saw. I have used it this winter for firewood cutting. I have traded for quite a few 066 and 660 saws over the last few months and I do not need them all. I am open to a offer. I will trade also but it is getting tougher to trade2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Like it , looks like mine only it has the 3/4 wrap. I kinda wonder what the difference in handling would be ?

I'm guessing yours has the std 1/2 wrap. I have saws that I have run both style handles on (1/2 & 3/4 wrap) and there is virtually no noticblethe diff in weight or handling- at least to me. The 3/4 wraps are very handy for felling or if you are left handed. But they limit your stumping ability a bit.

If you still have this 660 what is $ figure you are looking for out of it ?
Trades or partial trades? Hard telling what I might have that you could be interested in ? I have a couple new B&S horizontal motors(small HP), nice condition Efco 4000, 2 old McCulloch 250's and a 1-51 that need work, might let an 026 work condition sawo, have a 385 xp here that runs but probably needs split to put a new gasket in it, just to name a few things.
Have a brief description of the other 660's and price range for them ?
What part of Il are you located, do you know the distance and direction from Lafayette or MI City ?

None of the items you listed are anything I am looking for. As for location I am the furthest west you can get in Illinois. If you grab a map ypu should be able to see it. When I step out in the yard I look at Iowa

This is a kind of old post but I'm assuming you're still looking to part ways with this saw?

My chainsaw mill is getting lonely...

I believe the saw is still here. I have a few of them left and I think this one is riding around in the back of the Mule. I will look later

My preference is ugly functional in a large cc saw, that's my optimistic way of saying cheap :)

I'm open to other saws that fit that bill as well, I just can't keep milling with my Makita 540 54cc saw.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back