stihl orange bottle is now red dyed insted of blue/green

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Deleted member 83629

i ran low on oil and grabbed a bottle at a new stihl dealer that just opened and i noticed the stihl orange bottle oil is now dyed and smells different when it is burning.
i suppose they have reformulated the mix?

or am i slow to catch up on stihl oil?

well out on a clean up job i ran out of mixed gas and had to get a bottle, i forget to get a extra bottle of oil when i left home.

I bought a single bottle of the Orange a couple years ago and it was also red. Every bottle I bought before and after was blue though, don't know what the deal is.

I was told they changed to red several years ago but we're getting a lot of complaints so they changed back .You must have some of the old stock . I still have several bottles seems to work just fine . I like to run at 40-1 .

i got the 2 gallon bottle i mixed it at 32:1 and kept the left overs to dump in my oil can

i ran low on oil and grabbed a bottle at a new stihl dealer that just opened and i noticed the stihl orange bottle oil is now dyed and smells different when it is burning.
i suppose they have reformulated the mix?

or am i slow to catch up on stihl oil?
Changed from Blue to Red here just over 2 years ago but it now seems to be back to Blue.Have no idea on the change back to original colour took place

i got the 2 gallon bottle they have for 50:1 its a 5.2 oz bottle, i only used 4 oz of it.

i have never seen a 2 gallon mix bottle, only 2.5. you mixed one gallon then.......

Depends on what your dealer chooses to stock I guess but I've seen the orange in both 2 gallon and 2.5 gallon mix bottles.

i just looked at stihlusa.com and they show both, also for the Ultra. 1, 2, 2.5, and 5 gallon mix bottles.

Latest posts

Back