Stihl P&Cs are going trash ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other day me and the guy I work for cutting wood with were talking about saws. He works for a different tree company than me and he is a high tensile crew boss and they use stihl 260 pros exclusively. He said they have been blowing up like mad and the quality of the piston and cylinders are way down. Some saws only last a week, granted these are getting used rough but they shouldnt be going that fast. Is stihl going to garbage, on a brighter side though he said that they just throw the saws out so I am gonna see if he can give them to me. If so it would sure be nice to have a stack of 260 parts saws.

huh?...what did you say?

Crappy Stihl Cylinder - Looks like ChiCom Garbage!!!

oh...ok...I got it now...

All that I will say is someone is full of something and it is not knowledge.How about using gas with methanol?Someone trying to save $$ and using cheap oil.I am sure that somewhere their is a saw that may have a problem but this is gust a bunch of BS.Here in Texas we use 260 pro saws in the heat of summer and they stihl run great. Ken

huh?...what did you say?

Crappy Stihl Cylinder - Looks like ChiCom Garbage!!!

oh...ok...I got it now...

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: aww too funny. Whatever happen to that famous cylinder anyway, is it on a saw somewhere, is it back in China, is it on a mantel or is it over at Baileys in a Woodsman Pro box, :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Sounds like they should either start using mix instead of straight gas, or.... save $400 a pop and buy wild things instead of 260 pros

What it sounds like is, if they can throw 600 dollar saws in the ditch every week is that they need to wipe their azz with 100 dollar bills and use a wildthing, it would be cheaper in the long run.

Nawwwww.....to be honest, it would make me sad to find out Stihl was making a habit out of putting out turd cylinders.

And you're right...without any credible evidence, this is just stirring the pot.

Awwww I'm sure it would Ed, how do those dancing shoes fit??

It is good to hear that a tree company on the east coast is still running stihl saws. With the noted exception of the “moneymaker ms200T”, most of the tree companies I know of, have long given up on anything stihl. Had something to do with the saws actually starting and running rather than blowing up but who am I to judge. Stihl refreshing to see a few holdout dinosaurs running them. Keep it real and be careful!

What it sounds like is, if they can throw 600 dollar saws in the ditch every week is that they need to wipe their azz with 100 dollar bills and use a wildthing, it would be cheaper in the long run.

Well I don't know about them cats but the tree guys I deal with aren't throwing away a dayumm thing these days, money is tight and so is work. Most times they want me to lie for them to get something they tore up covered under warranty. I take great pleasure in saying NO WAY, ya GOTSA PAY...

Guys these saws use 50 to 1 mix with stihl ultra, I saw a few of these saw myself sunday one of them was a month old and the P&C were toasted. It is not the gas because my buddy brings his 371 xp to work with him and it hasnt had a problem. As far as not returning them to stihl these saws are not bought at a local dealer. The tree company he works for is nation wide and buys them in bulk. His boss tells him to throw them away so he does, please note I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST STIHL. I started this thread to talk about stihl having a quality control issue and it seems they do on NEW cylinders. If I get some I will post up some pics

It is good to hear that a tree company on the east coast is still running stihl saws. With the noted exception of the “moneymaker ms200T”, most of the tree companies I know of, have long given up on anything stihl. Had something to do with the saws actually starting and running rather than blowing up but who am I to judge. Stihl refreshing to see a few holdout dinosaurs running them. Keep it real and be careful!

Cent I would love to see that broad brush you have. To hear you talk you know every tree company in the nation, hell Cent have you talked to all the ones I deal with, they never mention you at all, hmmmmmmmm..

Guys these saws use 50 to 1 mix with stihl ultra, I saw a few of these saw myself sunday one of them was a month old and the P&C were toasted. It is not the gas because my buddy brings his 371 xp to work with him and it hasnt had a problem. As far as not returning them to stihl these saws are not bought at a local dealer. The tree company he works for is nation wide and buys them in bulk. His boss tells him to throw them away so he does, please note I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST STIHL. I started this thread to talk about stihl having a quality control issue and it seems they do on NEW cylinders. If I get some I will post up some pics

This thread is about employee quality, not saw quality.

This thread is about employee quality, not saw quality.

You people make we wish I hadnt started this thread even snelling said there cylinders weren't up to par. this is going to be my last post in this thread unless somebody has any good questions.

Mmmmmmmm now I'm getting interested. They aren't bought at a dealer, who are they buying them from? Remember now thats a tricky question and I'll explain in a second. Also what is the name of that nationwide tree company?

You people make we wish I hadnt started this thread even snelling said there cylinders weren't up to par. this is going to be my last post in this thread unless somebody has any good questions.

Well look up, I asked you some sincere questions..

You get what you get when you sling poop backed by thin claims...

Wow, a national company, if they are buying that many saws, wouldn't you think Stihl would want to stand behind their product and keep the business?
But wait, they don't buy them from a dealer? Didn't know Virginia Beach sold direct. No warranty registration or what? Boss tells them to toss it?, the CFO would love to see that cost savings memo? Too many things wrong with this post.

"The 066 looks nice, I am kinda suprised at the 026 though. I run bone stock 260 pros all day at least 3 days a week and they seem faster than that does. The 440 looks nice to, you just need to use that 372xp more. It is after all the best saw you own "

44 do you reconize that above, thats your post in another thread. So tell me, how is your 260 holding up? Cylinder quailty ok?

Also back to the selling thing. If your tree service is buying bulk from a Stihl distributor the dealer nearest to the area the customer resides in gets the credit for the sale and they, the dealer, must by agreement take care of any warranty issues.

Latest posts

Back