Stihl P&Cs are going trash ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awwww I'm sure it would Ed, how do those dancing shoes fit??

I said the same thing in the "other" thread. You do a good job with the baseless bashers Tommy, but you assume that everyone that has a criticism is a basher.

The "other" thread, wasn't baseless, but this one sure is.

Poor old Thomas, stilh under the jack boot of his keepers. What does it take to become a free man, Thomas?? Or is that well beyond the scope and scale of this forum?? You and the rest of the stihl/maryK commandos give me shout when you figure it out. Till then……

Cent are you back peddling now, you seem to have a bad habit of that, are you the typical tree hack that yaks and yaks or do you wanna buy some saws???? I'll tell you like I tell all the rest, are you buying or wasting my time,LOL

I only had 1 026/260 that failed in its first tank. It was missing a wrist pin clip from the factory. The rest were nearly bullet proof. Well another didn't make it past 10 tanks. Put a big maple on it.

Last edited:
You people make we wish I hadnt started this thread even snelling said there cylinders weren't up to par. this is going to be my last post in this thread unless somebody has any good questions.

Has anyone seen my ball...my ball? You know my ball?

I said the same thing in the "other" thread. You do a good job with the baseless bashers Tommy, but you assume that everyone that has a criticism is a basher.

The "other" thread, wasn't baseless, but this one sure is.

Don't take offense to your own words Ed, I didn't,hehe

I don't assume all criticism as baseless but Ed I don't see you in many thread bashings cept Stihl threads, why is that Ed? There have been alot of threads of late with complaints about Dolmar and Husky, your no where to be found in them, only in the Stihl ones Ed, do explain please..

Do you wanna buy some saws???? I'll tell you like I tell all the rest, are you buying or wasting my time,LOL

Stihl and stihl dealers=waste of time. I could not have said it better myself. If you want to sell me some merchandise, just drop me a line. Till then, go back to your pop and your mascara. No shame in that. We all got to eat.

I had an 026 that was a very good saw It had lasted for years cutting firewood. Then my father fried it by running it with a broken cylinder cover. I know if I was running a company. And saws blew up by the numbers. I would evaluate my crew on how they were running them. I bet quite a few would get their walking papers.

I would evaluate thats its lazy ### union guys.

Good thread. If you have the means I highly recommend the read.

Stihl and stihl dealers=waste of time. I could not have said it better myself. If you want to sell me some merchandise, just drop me a line. Till then, go back to your pop and your mascara. No shame in that. We all got to eat.

Touchyyyyyyyyy. Cent your IQ is showing there, I think you did say it yourself,LOLOL

Would love to have you stop in Cent, I'm used to yaw tree hacks, hell I can talk yaws language, come on by. You know the program, if you wanna buy em come get em...

Poor old Thomas, stilh under the jack boot of his keepers. What does it take to become a free man, Thomas?? Or is that well beyond the scope and scale of this forum?? You and the rest of the stihl/maryK commandos give me shout when you figure it out. Till then……

This???? Hey have you seen my ball?

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring

The other day me and the guy I work for cutting wood with were talking about saws. He works for a different tree company than me and he is a high tensile crew boss and they use stihl 260 pros exclusively. He said they have been blowing up like mad and the quality of the piston and cylinders are way down. Some saws only last a week, granted these are getting used rough but they shouldnt be going that fast. Is stihl going to garbage, on a brighter side though he said that they just throw the saws out so I am gonna see if he can give them to me. If so it would sure be nice to have a stack of 260 parts saws.

There are many other saws that can be purchased in bulk that have similar performance to the new 260s. All of those other saws can be purchased much cheaper than the best deals on 260s.

Even if the story has any shred of reality to it the person in charge of purchasing is a poor decision maker.

To answer your ? about Stihl's Q/C on models that will soon disappear, yes, the Q/C is low on these compared to the old days.

Is it the fault of the Chinese, no it is Stihls.

Tired as all hell, gotta hit the rack. I'll holla atcha...don't step in anything while I'm gone...

:D

I don't assume all criticism as baseless but Ed I don't see you in many thread bashings cept Stihl threads, why is that Ed? There have been alot of threads of late with complaints about Dolmar and Husky, your no where to be found in them, only in the Stihl ones Ed, do explain please..

Point me at them, I'll let you know what I think. If there are Husky and Dolmar dealers in there saying "if it runs, it must be OK", I'll disagree with them too.

Don't start developing a persecution complex on me Tommy...all I did in this thread was announce your arrival, creamsicle cape and all. My previous "bashing" was centered on the following:

I see your point. My concern is this...I prefer Huskies, but I hear great things about Stihl, and I love my new 076. I expect mistakes to pop up now and again, and I guess I didn't hear anything that would give me any confidence in buying a new Stihl.

What I wanted to hear was "whoa...that's a piece of crap. Take it to the nearest dealer and they'll give you a new cylinder, a free hat, and a thousand apologies!"

Instead I hear a lot of sideways talk and accusations.

My question might have seemed inflammatory, but I honestly want to know the answer. If that passes for OK for Stihl, then I'll save my money.

I didn't post that to restart anything, and I hope it doesn't. I'll poke at Stihl lovers in fun, but I don't have a dog in the fight.

As far as I can see, so far you're in the right on this one...

I'll keep an eye on you though.

Latest posts

Back