Stihl P&Cs are going trash ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cent I would love to see that broad brush you have. To hear you talk you know every tree company in the nation, hell Cent have you talked to all the ones I deal with, they never mention you at all, hmmmmmmmm..

Thomas, you salty old bag of rope! Happy New Year! How the hell have you been? Are you stihl trying to sell snake oil and fair weather charms to the tourists on the internet?? I thought your “company “ frowned on such internet spieling? Are you attempting a twilight maneuver behind the scenes? No problem, your secret is safe with me. We all need to make a buck or two in this economy.

Thomas, you salty old bag of rope! Happy New Year! How the hell have you been? Are you stihl trying to sell snake oil and fair weather charms to the tourists on the internet?? I thought your “company “ frowned on such internet spieling? Are you attempting a twilight maneuver behind the scenes? No problem, your secret is safe with me. We all need to make a buck or two in this economy.

Good to see your still kicking Cent. Surprizes me you haven't trip over that brush you carry around, hell I'm surprized you can even pick it up, it covers the entire USA,LOLOL

Ya know Cent them orenry bas=tards over at Stihl gained alot of market share last year. I believe they sold some saws that do run afterall,LOL

I'm not selling anything Cent. You on the market for some 200T's, come on down and get about 20 of em, I'll treat ya good but don't try to bring that brush through the door, my door is only 500 feet wide,hehe

Mmmmmmmm now I'm getting interested. They aren't bought at a dealer, who are they buying them from? Remember now thats a tricky question and I'll explain in a second. Also what is the name of that nationwide tree company?

That was my first question. I mean is it possible this "company" is somehow getting ahold of stihl rejects or refurbs & then throwing in crap quality P&C & selling them cheaply? Like the Poulan Pros at Princess auto (not that they were great to begin with).

Also back to the selling thing. If your tree service is buying bulk from a Stihl distributor the dealer nearest to the area the customer resides in gets the credit for the sale and they, the dealer, must by agreement take care of any warranty issues.

The customer in this case being the purchasing agent at company headquarters?

If the company drives orange trucks, I can imagine them throwing the saws away. A lot of big contractors buy power tools for a job, and trash them at the jobsite before they leave (not that I'm suggesting any tree company does that with chain saws). I know of a company that installs materials handling systems for production lines, throws out two week old Sawsalls etc when the job is done. They've even taken to destroying tools before throwing them away so nobody can scrounge them, don't ask me why they care.

o man i just got to new ones last week 550.00 each we have run them for over 20 years never a problem hope they last tom trees

You people make we wish I hadnt started this thread even snelling said there cylinders weren't up to par. this is going to be my last post in this thread unless somebody has any good questions.

I have a question for ya.

Can you get some pics?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The customer in this case being the purchasing agent at company headquarters?

If the company drives orange trucks, I can imagine them throwing the saws away. A lot of big contractors buy power tools for a job, and trash them at the jobsite before they leave (not that I'm suggesting any tree company does that with chain saws). I know of a company that installs materials handling systems for production lines, throws out two week old Sawsalls etc when the job is done. They've even taken to destroying tools before throwing them away so nobody can scrounge them, don't ask me why they care.

Welp seems 44 would at least know the name of this nationwide outfit he is talking about. I agree alot of companies sell direct to large accounts but Stihl doesn't do it that way, that would stab their dealers in the back. I'll give you an example. I got hold of a hot 036 once. I made a call. Found out the saw was one of 100 sold to a huge outfit in DC. Those saws were sold direct but the dealer in that area was by dealer agreement in charge of handling all the warranty work and doing so he gets a % of the sale money. Stihl is pretty smart about these deals. They know if they cut the dealer out altogether what happens down the road.

Mmmmmmmm now I'm getting interested. They aren't bought at a dealer, who are they buying them from? Remember now thats a tricky question and I'll explain in a second. Also what is the name of that nationwide tree company?

Ever here of Lewis tree service, no clue where they get there saws from he just told me it wasnt any local dealer

You get what you get when you sling poop backed by thin claims...

If I had the saws I would prove it.

"The 066 looks nice, I am kinda suprised at the 026 though. I run bone stock 260 pros all day at least 3 days a week and they seem faster than that does. The 440 looks nice to, you just need to use that 372xp more. It is after all the best saw you own "

44 do you reconize that above, thats your post in another thread. So tell me, how is your 260 holding up? Cylinder quailty ok?

Also back to the selling thing. If your tree service is buying bulk from a Stihl distributor the dealer nearest to the area the customer resides in gets the credit for the sale and they, the dealer, must by agreement take care of any warranty issues.

I dont own a 260, the ones I am referring to are owned by the small tree company I work for. We usually replace them every few years.I dont work for the other company anymore.

save me some!

You people make we wish I hadnt started this thread even snelling said there cylinders weren't up to par. this is going to be my last post in this thread unless somebody has any good questions.

Here's my question: when can I get some of these blown up saws? I live in Mass. Where's the dumpster these saws are being thrown into...quite a few of my saws have been rescued this way.

Welp seems 44 would at least know the name of this nationwide outfit he is talking about. I agree alot of companies sell direct to large accounts but Stihl doesn't do it that way, that would stab their dealers in the back. I'll give you an example. I got hold of a hot 036 once. I made a call. Found out the saw was one of 100 sold to a huge outfit in DC. Those saws were sold direct but the dealer in that area was by dealer agreement in charge of handling all the warranty work and doing so he gets a % of the sale money. Stihl is pretty smart about these deals. They know if they cut the dealer out altogether what happens down the road.

I do know the name some of us just dont have all day to sit at a computer.

Good to see your still kicking Cent. Surprizes me you haven't trip over that brush you carry around, hell I'm surprized you can even pick it up, it covers the entire USA,LOLOL

Ya know Cent them orenry bas=tards over at Stihl gained alot of market share last year. I believe they sold some saws that do run afterall,LOL

I'm not selling anything Cent. You on the market for some 200T's, come on down and get about 20 of em, I'll treat ya good but don't try to bring that brush through the door, my door is only 500 feet wide,hehe

Now Thomas, the nearest “privately owned” (like that means anything in the real world of public companies) company in the States that has an income and distribution network similar to Stihl (that I could find) was Mary Kay and/or 7-UP.
Now, I need to get the facs straight and I might as well get them for you, MR IAMSTIHL. Do you or do you not sell a bottle of pop and a tin of mascara with a brush (burnt tangerine?) with each saw sold?? Minds at the national enquirer want to know.
Now you want to sell me some saws, you shoot me a PM. I have cash. Real hard earned cash. May not mean much to you DC dealers, with your BMW and Mercedes but it talks in my neighborhood. Can you talk or do you just walk the Mary K walk???

We sell a bunch of Husky saws to Asplundh in a box. I remember a long time ago Asplundh wanted to use Stihl's but Stihl wouldn't meet their demands so they buy Husky and Echo. We sell all of them so it doesn't matter!

Ever here of Lewis tree service, no clue where they get there saws from he just told me it wasnt any local dealer

If I had the saws I would prove it.

I dont own a 260, the ones I am referring to are owned by the small tree company I work for. We usually replace them every few years.I dont work for the other company anymore.

Good job 44. I've never heard of Lewis Tree Service but looking at their website they are indeed a big time outfit though apparently on the east coast, they have a office in Va. Thanks man.

Now Thomas, the nearest “privately owned” (like that means anything in the real world of public companies) company in the States that has an income and distribution network similar to Stihl (that I could find) was Mary Kay and/or 7-UP.
Now, I need to get the facs straight and I might as well get them for you, MR IAMSTIHL. Do you or do you not sell a bottle of pop and a tin of mascara with a brush (burnt tangerine?) with each saw sold?? Minds at the national enquirer want to know.
Now you want to sell me some saws, you shoot me a PM. I have cash. Real hard earned cash. May not mean much to you DC dealers, with your BMW and Mercedes but it talks in my neighborhood. Can you talk or do you just walk the Mary K walk???

Spare me Cent, I didn't ask you all that now did I? LOL

Now Cent you know as well as me the 200T is your bread and butter saw, why I'm sure its pretty well paid for itself in a tree or two. That said there is no reason to givem to ya but for you I'm sure if you bring your ole pick up truck I'll treat you better than those rich cats in those fancy cars. See Cent I deal with them but I'm just a ole country boy like you. Oh I forgot to tell ya that saw just had recent price increase, seriously it did. That won't apply to you though ole buddy, ole pal of mine, when ya coming by????

about 20 odd years ago we had a small batch of new huskys that had some serious problems. one failed in the first week, two more the next week and so on. to huskys credit they made every one of them good by the end on the month.

i would think any company that has something fail in the first couple weeks would bust their chops to get that settled/fixed.

we ran huskys for many more years. never saw that problem again.

i find it difficult to believe that this company didn't return the defective saws for either replacement or refund. tossing $500 in the dumpster don't look like good biz to me.:greenchainsaw:

I had an 026 that was a very good saw It had lasted for years cutting firewood. Then my father fried it by running it with a broken cylinder cover. I know if I was running a company. And saws blew up by the numbers. I would evaluate my crew on how they were running them. I bet quite a few would get their walking papers.

I had an 026 that was a very good saw It had lasted for years cutting firewood. Then my father fried it by running it with a broken cylinder cover. I know if I was running a company. And saws blew up by the numbers. I would evaluate my crew on how they were running them. I bet quite a few would get their walking papers.
Broken cylinder cover?

I've had saws develop air leaks through bad cylinder gaskets, 6 months out of warranty, and Stihl covered the new P&C, and labor 100%.
I'd imagine if this happened as described, I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm damn sure Stihl would want those parts back to Tech. Services to do a failure analysis.

Spare me Cent, I didn't ask you all that now did I? LOL

Poor old Thomas, stilh under the jack boot of his keepers. What does it take to become a free man, Thomas?? Or is that well beyond the scope and scale of this forum?? You and the rest of the stihl/maryK commandos give me shout when you figure it out. Till then……

Latest posts

Back