Stihl Parts and lists? 260 / 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickter

Reaction score
I tried to look at postings but I was unable to find it on my own :(.

Who sells parts on the internet? I'm looking for a parts list and maint manuals for my Ms460 Mag and MS260 pro.
Wow, that mag is like holding a dirt bike in your hand!
Besides the parts list and manuals, I'm looking for the factory dual port part number for the MS460 muffler?
Maybe I'm blind. The local Stihl Dealer can't get the manuals or parts lists :( huh? I hate to keep driving around. Does anybody sell this stuff on the net,,,,,,other than a hand full here and hand full there? I did locate parts lists on ebay for 9.50 ea. Good price?

I tossed my Poulans. Only thing they had going, Poulan parts are easy to order on the net. Everything from a manual to a whizbangwasher was cheap and easy to get quickly.
Love my Stihls though :)

You can get the maintenance manuals at your dealer for like $5 each. They have part numbers like parts do, and they can order them. I just ordrered and bought a manual for my 361, so it IS doable. They should be able to get the 460 parts manuals for you too. There used to be a great online source for IPL's, but it's gone now, and that's a long story. There's a thread about it on here from a couple of weeks ago. Don't buy that parts list on ebay. I might have one in PDF format, if not, I can mail you a copy of mine. Your dealer should be able to give it to you, but he may not be by choice. You really can't get factory Stihl parts on the internet. They don't sell via internet or mail order. Stihl policy. You can get aftermarket stuff like clutch baskets, fuel filters, bar nuts, sprocket rims and stuff like that from Bailey's (a sponsor here, click on their banner.) All other parts, you have to go through a dealer or try to find it on ebay. I've got the P/N for the dual port cover at home in my manuals, (I'm at work right now) so if no one has posted it before I get home, I'll do it then. Gimme a few hours.

Jeff

The part number for the dual port front cover is 1128 140 0801. This cover will fit both the 440 and the 460. Do a search on this site for "dual port" or something to that effect, and you'll get some reading. I remember reading something about how you can't buy just the cover for a 460, but you can for a 440, or something crazy like that, because they're the same darn thing. I don't know. I got my 440 and my 460 with the dual ports from the dealer. I just told him to put the dual port fronts on, and he of course knew what I was talking about. Any half decent dealer should know what you're talking about. If not, well check ebay. You can get them new at the dealer for about $28, so don't pay more than that on ebay! And don't let the dealer tell you that you have to buy an entire muffler (about $60), because you don't have to. It is available as a separate part number.

While you're in there, ask him again about manuals. If he can't help you out, let us know, and we'll help you out best we can.

Jeff

I probably have manuals on my Stihl disk.

And I just realized that FHCW already offered to check as well. Let me know; I can try to post something, maybe email them, or maybe the old fashioned print & mail.

Back