Stihl S10 starter cover logo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aldo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone could tell me, does a version of the S10 rear handle come with the more modern Stihl logo of the orange rectangle style versus the version I have only seen, the crosscut saw on the log face?

I am looking at a version with the orange rectangle logo and I thought perhaps its non original.

Thanks

Thanks Scallywag. I thought it was probably changed. I ended up buying it. It's a non runner for $80. The cases, bar, chain etc are excellent but I guess the starter case is not original. I am a big fan of the shape though. Great looking saw. I will keep an eye out for an original in a but better condition. Thanks for spotting the part. Al

Well she's going to need some work. Seems roaches or the like crawled up through the exhaust and into the open port and built a nest in the upper cylinder. Someone has gone to start it and hit a wall of mud.

I pulled the cylinder and the piston looks ok. Rings are cactus and the bore has a smidge of surface rust in a couple of spots. See what happens.

Latest posts

Back