Stihl saws with "automotive style" air filters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasmech

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Do any of the Stihl saws have an automotive style (round cylinder, paper) air filter? I'm not a huge fan of the filters that are on my 192 and 290, and want my next saw to have a more industrial air filter. Thanks for any replies?

Heres 04Ultras ms180 Hybrid

attachment.php

I guess the 440 and 441 I have have filters that might remind one of an automotive style filter.
They have a cloth type prefilter around the filter and foam inside.

The filters are nothing like the paper or flock style filter of my older saws.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

The Stihl filters seem to work quite well for thousands of users. Unless you're doing burn salvage or working in volcanic ash you'd probably be okay running whatever came with your saw. Cleaning filters is just another part of having a saw.

I know that the Stihl Pro saws have the automotive style filter, not sure about any of the others.
My brother has an 031 and a 026 Pro that both have those style filters.

How come some people call, for example, the 440 the 044, and vice-versa? The current model number system is 440.

Also, some of us are saying that none of the Stihl's have automotive style filters while others are saying they do. Personally, I thought the pro models DO have the automitive style filters. To me, that makes the pro series worth it.

How come some people call, for example, the 440 the 044, and vice-versa? The current model number system is 440.

Also, some of us are saying that none of the Stihl's have automotive style filters while others are saying they do. Personally, I thought the pro models DO have the automitive style filters. To me, that makes the pro series worth it.

Does anal-retentive always have to have a hyphen?

LMAO Bob... :laugh:

I have never heard a saw filter refered to as an "automotive style" filter... The stock filters are designed for saws... I guess I don't understand...

...I need to take overengineering 101... :laugh:

Gary

Latest posts

Back