Stihl yellow pico chain (PM) not on Sithl web site

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I'm aware StIhl don't do semi chisel Yellow chain ,looking back through my Info it's never been listed here anyway.The PM3 semi & PS3 full chisel is classed as Green chain as it has "Lumps alongside the rakers The yellow Lo Pro is full chisel PS with no extra "lumps between cutters & rakers It's some what confusing as in France where I am the chains don't have Green/yellow Tie strap to denote the Pro /lower kick back chains maybe different in the US

OK this is the chain from the box above, "63 PM 50". It does not look like semi-chisel to me, right?

If not, that would mean
PM3 = semi-chisel green picco chain that is listed on the Stihl web site
PM = full-chisel yellow picco chain that is not listed on Stihl web site.

o_O

upload_2018-6-8_11-36-47.png

upload_2018-6-8_11-37-30.png

upload_2018-6-8_11-37-49.png

Stihl changes the "letter" designations of its chains (RS, RSC, RS2, RSK, RS3, yada yada yada) more often than I change my underwear.

But they seem to leave web pages describing their legacy products scattered from one end of the Internet to the other – like a trail of bread crumbs leading to Hell.

Yellow pico is prolly still out there. But good luck finding it. That would require you to know what its current "stage name" is.

I just bought 2 of those chains as well. 63pm yellow picco. I don’t like it. Cuts aggressive and chatters. I had to file it down to get it to cut smoothly.

Well you're correct on that one I have Stihl lists/info stretching back to around 2000 & looking back as far as 2012 there is no listing for #3613 005 0050 or PM chain without the "lumps along side the rakers this is European listings & as said we don't have a yellow/green painted tie strap on Stihl chains here Our really clued up Stihl dealer has not heard of it has no listing & never seen or had any stock of Could this be a release to the US only?

OK this is the chain from the box above, "63 PM 50". It does not look like semi-chisel to me, right?

If not, that would mean
PM3 = semi-chisel green picco chain that is listed on the Stihl web site
PM = full-chisel yellow picco chain that is not listed on Stihl web site.

o_O

View attachment 656721

View attachment 656722

View attachment 656723
As best as I could see that appears a full chisel chain (stand corrected if wrong)if it has no liumps on the Dl that stands beside the raker is 's a PS chain Buuuuuttttt who knows

The last pic says its semi chisel. The corner looks like ? Where full chisel looks like 7. I have a few loops of PM myself.

As best as I could see that appears a full chisel chain (stand corrected if wrong)if it has no liumps on the Dl that stands beside the raker is 's a PS chain Buuuuuttttt who knows

We have yellow semi chisel without the lump next to the raker. He has PM.

As said in an earlier post on our side of the pond we don't have ayellow/green painted tie strap only the size, type, & pt#on box if boxed. Some of the more savvy dealers make up loops from rolls so as not to have to carry a lot of different sizes on the shelf they keep 2/3 of popular sizes on the shelf & make up others on demand more often the chain comes in a placcy bag wth the dealers own #on it something in the way of Ie 3/8 lp 135050 S or M meaning a 135050 would be 3/8 LP 050/1.3 gauge 50DL's S= full, m = semi chisel with extra letters for Green chains

Latest posts

Back