Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
End of this week will start felling Sugargums if the weather is not windy and crap, only going to have a top of 14 deg C on Friday WTF.:msp_thumbdn:

Mate I'd give my left nut to be cutting in 14°C. That's why I loved cutting in Tasmania. Go hard all day and don't even break a sweat :D
Beats cutting in 45°C. I did that once. Give me winter anyday...

Yep. Bummed :(
I'm used to small motors with big turbos in the Navara. OK when you get the revs up but crap low down torque.

To be honest with ya champ i have been driving both from work and ya cant tell which one you have got untill you start towing things,i have even lifted the bonnet to see which one i have been in.:biggrin:

Did a tree remove all job yesterday a big gum tree,it was a Y shaped with two trunks and they were about 28'' to 30'' in diameter.Made up a scaffold on top of the trailer cage to stand on and do the wedge cuts and much the same around the other side for the back cuts.Used the Land cruiser cable and snatch block with an angle set up to pull away from the house and all went well.Used the 880 and 50'' bar to cut stump and block up the lager trunk parts,that is were we had some problems,kept hitting something very had the chain on the 50'' bar was looking a bit second hand.We mucked around and found out latter there was four horse shoes in it about where the Y shape part was,they must off been hung there many years ago and the tree grow around them.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ok guys got two new toys (i mean work tools) today in the post a nice pair of 441CRMTronics with standard handles.. :bowdown:
There will be vids of stock,muff modd and then ported.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Just curious, why did you order the saws from the US, are they not available down under?

Latest posts

Back