Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, its me Andrew. Yeah you can always clean them but they never quite have that gleaming look of a new saw do they.
I guess the new saws would have been a lot cheaper in the States but postage is a bit of a bummer though.
Man Stihl or Husky gear and parts are expensive here compared to over there. Dont blame you getting them from the States.
Cheers :cheers:

come on andrew you know us aussie's have big gold nugget's hidden every where they fall out of our trees LOL

I have been having a bit of a play with the stock 441CRMTronic and did a muff modd.
Second tank of fuel.

[video=youtube;RbgLlRkiP7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbgLlRkiP7c[/video]

For those of you wondering how i did the muff modd.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Muffler Mod

Looks like you have opened it up a fair amount Andrew.
Do you know what size your exhaust port is as the rule of thumb is 85 % of the port opening ?

I have a bit on latterly trimming plantations so they can remove and replace fencing got to do both sides and there must be about 4 or 5 kms of them,the 261 with an 18'' is not the saw for the job have got a 241CM with a 14'' coming that will make things a bit easier.:msp_smile:

attachment.php

This may interest some.
The saw on the left is a ported 441CMTronic with about 40 tanks of fuel through it.
The saw on the right is a stock 441CMTronic with 2 tanks of fuel through it.
Both saws have been run on the same fuel BP Premium 95 and Mobil 1 2T oil at 40:1.
Look at the colour of the muffs,the stock saw is definitely running hotter.
I took the muff screw bungs out to do muff modd when i noticed the colour difference.

attachment.php

I have a bit on latterly trimming plantations so they can remove and replace fencing got to do both sides and there must be about 4 or 5 kms of them,the 261 with an 18'' is not the saw for the job have got a 241CM with a 14'' coming that will make things a bit easier.:msp_smile:

attachment.php

Casuarinas eh? You'll learn to love them mate :)
Where ya getting your 241? ;) Lets hope good old Aussie Post don't wreck another bloody saw...

Latest posts

Back