Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sh_t no mate im not complaining about the Carlton chain at all,but when you have to sharpen every tank of fuel nothing will last long in this wood anyway.
I have been using the ported 461 with a 25'' bar and 8 pin in the larger stuff and im very impressed with the balls of this saw,definitely a keeper in my book.But when ya spill ya beer at the end of the day because of the vibes is not a good thing and ya have to clean filters every night as well but that is the price ya pay for cutting this stuff that anybody else cant or wont.:(

But when ya spill ya beer at the end of the day because of the vibes is not a good thing

Should have bought a Husky :D Except you'd be having to clean your filter 15 times a day and oil it to boot...

but that is the price ya pay for cutting this stuff that anybody else cant or wont.:(

In our area it's because they can't cut it. An MS310 with an 18" bar is a big saw in our area :D

292575d1367054902-picture-034-jpg

WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE

Do not approach, may be armed......

:laugh:

Sh_t no mate im not complaining about the Carlton chain at all,but when you have to sharpen every tank of fuel nothing will last long in this wood anyway.
I have been using the ported 461 with a 25'' bar and 8 pin in the larger stuff and im very impressed with the balls of this saw,definitely a keeper in my book.But when ya spill ya beer at the end of the day because of the vibes is not a good thing and ya have to clean filters every night as well but that is the price ya pay for cutting this stuff that anybody else cant or wont.:(

We all know the 461 is a turd.........don't try selling that crap here. :msp_sneaky:

Have been doing afew loads of Redgum.

attachment.php

This one was a bit tricky didnt have much solid wood only a ring about 3'' thick around the outsite,so cut a little and gave it a push.

[video=youtube;LOTQZ2f-LhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOTQZ2f-LhA[/video]

So is that Redgum a Eucalyptus or is it something else entirely? I googled it and got Eucalyptus camaldulensis

Yeah Redgum is a Eucalyptus. River Redgum is the common name. Beautiful wood but the dust when cutting it dry really gets into everything. You need seriously good filters to keep it out of your saw and the only factory filters I've seen keep the dust out is the Dolmar HD and Stihl HD2. Without filter oil the dust will go straight through a normal flocked filter like on the Huskys, Jonsereds etc etc

Looks like the big trip has done him good,ran him for a bit today and ya he is a lot better off the line as in throttle response.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looking forward to seeing how you like this after Randy worked his magic. Would like to hear your thoughts on this compared to your 261 once you have some more time with it.

Latest posts

Back