Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still want to do a 241 without stratos. :D

Let me know how the little fellow does Andrew.....I felt like it gained quite a lot.

I still want to do a 241 without stratos. :D

Let me know how the little fellow does Andrew.....I felt like it gained quite a lot.

Don't tempt me :D Andrew is already raving about the vastly improved throttle response of his 241 that you played with. For me the 241's sluggish off idle throttle response is the only disappointment.

Yep more Yellowbox,hats off the the guys that cut this sh_t for a full time coil there better men than me i have had a gut full of it.
Brand new semi chisel chain 25'' on the ported 461R 8 pin sprocket,keep an eye on the clown in the back ground just got a new Fiskars X27 giving it a run.

[video=youtube;--09HcxhqR8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--09HcxhqR8[/video]

I was supprised how well he did when he was standing up that is,the smaller blocks his end were very dry and seam to split not to bad,but his dog was helping him a little.:msp_rolleyes:

I was supprised how well he did when he was standing up that is,the smaller blocks his end were very dry and seam to split not to bad,but his dog was helping him a little.:msp_rolleyes:

Yeah I tried one the other day and it was okay, but it binds a bit in the knotty stuff. I prefer a heavier block splitter for that kind of work.

I tell you what this wood is killing me the dust and how hard it is,very hard on gear including myself.In two weeks i have filed away 2 20'' chains that have been binned,ya have to sharpen every tank of fuel and some times in between this stuff is for muggs and fools.
Cant hang on untill we get back into the Sugargums again.

Last edited:
I tell you what this wood is killing me the dust and how hard it is,very hard on gear including myself.In two weeks i have filed away 2 20'' chains that have been binned,ya have to sharpen every tank of fuel and some times in between this stuff is for muggs and fools.
Cant hang on untill we jet back into the Sugargums again.

Dozer and stickrake is about all its good for... oh and a bonfire for the marshmallows :D

Last edited:
No splitter works on the White and Yellow Box we have here unless it has 30-40 tonnes of hydro assist behind it :D

I've stalled out my mates splitter with the 3cyl Kubota diesel on it trying to split some 36" rounds :(

I'm not the world's biggest carbide fan Andrew but I think you could do with a loop.
Sad part is that you'll need a $300 wheel to sharpen the bastard...

Try six cuts in clean timber then swap loops. (Three or less if you cop a termite chimney)
A tank of fuel is only a dream.

That sux. :(

(I might have to drop a green RR Gum this winter, just to remind myself what clean and soft is like.
Not really kosher in these parts these days, the one that'll go is a multiple reshoot from an old stump so hopefully sortakinda ok)

A bit of an update on the 461R,yes it has crap filter system,AV but for this type of work its the cats whiskers,you can really lean on this thing and the torque is like nothing i have used before,it reminds me of a 660 in a lot of ways with out the weight and bulk.Im so happy with this thing i may even get another one.
Mitch you are the man.

A bit of an update on the 461R,yes it has crap filter system,AV but for this type of work its the cats whiskers,you can really lean on this thing and the torque is like nothing i have used before,it reminds me of a 660 in a lot of ways with out the weight and bulk.Im so happy with this thing i may even get another one.
Mitch you are the man.

A crap filter system is when your engine gets filled with dust. Any other system is good :D

Try six cuts in clean timber then swap loops.

Try 3 chains in one cut :D

And that was Black Box. What is it with these bloody Box species anyway? What sort of sadist invented this crap? If I could find him I'd kick him right in the scrotum...

Hey your name is Box!!! It's your bloody fault!!!

I agree Matt.but this one ya got to clean it every day.:msp_sad:

Hey once a day is great! Maybe you need to sharpen your chain? :D

Are you noticing a loss in performance though or just visually it looks bad?

Stihl need to go aftermarket and offer HD2's for Husqvarnas :)

Try 3 chains in one cut :D

And that was Black Box. What is it with these bloody Box species anyway? What sort of sadist invented this crap? If I could find him I'd kick him right in the scrotum...

Ya i dont know what it is but i will make a groun man cry at times.
Put it like this rock up with a new chain on all happy and ready to kick ass,make 3 or 4 cuts in a clean dry Yellowbox and na,chain is rooted,grab another saw and start again and yep thats 2 chains rooted.A cutting mate your turn while i sort this out,sharpen,start again shame sh_t.
Ya ya may think thats all good,well im telling ya its not all good this is only 20 mins into a 8 or 9 hrs day.

Back