Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is Brad i have no use for a 261 size saw any longer for the work i do,its in the middle of size saws required.:too_sad:

That's just the thing. It doesn't run like the size saw that it is:) Think 70cc and you'll start to get an idea, lol. You should buy one, then, if you don't like it, you know you can always get your money back in the AU market. Make sure you let Matt run it too.

That's just the thing. It doesn't run like the size saw that it is:) Think 70cc and you'll start to get an idea, lol. You should buy one, then, if you don't like it, you know you can always get your money back in the AU market. Make sure you let Matt run it too.

The 261 is a totally different ported, they feel sluggish and choked up stock, probably because they are.;)

It breaths even better with a bigger carb on it ;)

Y'all really suck badly - you know that, right?

You know, I've heard you can go to hell for burning black walnut. Just sayin'...

That reminds me of this video.:msp_w00t:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTgQHWQoatg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTgQHWQoatg?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

[video=youtube_share;HxMPgN_2Mvs]http://youtu.be/HxMPgN_2Mvs[/video]

So i assume that the 261 is no longer a stratto
Can it do the same gob as a ported 441 with a 20'' bar,if so i am interested if not then its no good to me.
For those people that cut firewood and have a two or three saw plan then its one of that plan for sure.

gday Andrew as you know I have a ported 261 and yes it is quick but you are right after seeing your vid

it ain't for the work you do .

the amount of down time just keeping fuel up to it would put you behind time wise , my saw is quick but

it is thirsty a bit like the 460 against the 441 , I have the oiler flat out and can quite comfortably get two

tanks of fuel to one tank of oil but that don't worry me much as I just cut 3 or 4 meters a week now if all

go's well .

cheers D

I then headed out to a property called Kangara where they want me to fell a lot of smaller Casuarinas. Maximum trunk diameter in these runs was maybe 10-12".
I ran both the 550XP and 241C. The 241C, despite a lot less power, turned out to actually be 10% faster overall than the Husky in this situation. Fuel economy was the main deciding factor and with a possible 5-6 minute turn around walking back to the vehicle to refuel and then moving the vehicle to a closer position you can see how the little Stihl came out on top. It's also a lot nicer to use than the Husky in this type of job however there are many situations I'd rather be using the 550.

There were 95 trees felled here on one 241 tank :)

Well after the mods given to the 241 I really liked it..........I hated sending it away.

Are you still sending yours? ............

Sure will mate. Sadly it is my best option for these younger Casuarina windbreaks so I'll have to time it perfectly :) I'll be in touch for sure.
..........(

It'll be interesting to learn if the 241 maintains it's fuel economy advantage after mods...

No Brad Matt doesn't have to run it :)
On a side note have you done much to the 550XP's yet? I'd really like to see whether you can get much more out of one compared to just muffler modding one. Mine is an absolute weapon with just a muffler mod.
Two big benefits for the 261 over the 550XP is a good set of spikes available (MS261 spikes from memory) and their awesome HD2 filter.

As mentioned above though any modified saws have to maintain some sort of fuel efficiency with the work I do. My 550XP will pound the butt off my 241 in the cut yet in the real world it was 10% slower with some of what I've done. If it's 30% faster than a stock saw yet uses twice the fuel it sadly doesn't add up in many situations. It will be a lot of fun, just not efficient :D

If i recall when it was stock i used to get about 50mins out of a tank non stop trimming plantasoins,will have to hang on untill i get another job like that again to find out.

No Brad Matt doesn't have to run it :)
On a side note have you done much to the 550XP's yet? I'd really like to see whether you can get much more out of one compared to just muffler modding one. Mine is an absolute weapon with just a muffler mod.
Two big benefits for the 261 over the 550XP is a good set of spikes available (MS362 spikes from memory) and their awesome HD2 filter.

As mentioned above though any modified saws have to maintain some sort of fuel efficiency with the work I do. My 550XP will pound the butt off my 241 in the cut yet in the real world it was 10% slower with some of what I've done. If it's 30% faster than a stock saw yet uses twice the fuel it sadly doesn't add up in many situations. It will be a lot of fun, just not efficient :D

fixed it for ya matt (if that's what you meant)

Back