!!stolen 372 and super 797 in lynchburg va!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

056kid

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 2 chainsaws stolen yesterday from my own basement in Lynchburg VA. My husqvarna 372 with pro safty handlebars and 28'' bar, and my Mcculloch Super 797 with 25''bar. My mother had what i thought where friends of mine mowing the grass and she wasen't home. This morning she called me up asking me how many saws i had in the basement because she thought 1 was gone.

If you live in VA, more specificly the lynchburg area, PLEASE leep your eyes out for my saws. I have filed a police report and they are checking all the pawn shops but they could have gone to roanoke to get rid of them or they could have just sold them to someone...

Il never be able to replace that 797....:mad:

I had 2 chainsaws stolen yesterday from my own basement in Lynchburg VA. My husqvarna 372 with pro safty handlebars and 28'' bar, and my Mcculloch Super 797 with 25''bar. My mother had what i thought where friends of mine mowing the grass and she wasen't home. This morning she called me up asking me how many saws i had in the basement because she thought 1 was gone.

If you live in VA, more specificly the lynchburg area, PLEASE leep your eyes out for my saws. I have filed a police report and they are checking all the pawn shops but they could have gone to roanoke to get rid of them or they could have just sold them to someone...

Il never be able to replace that 797....:mad:

I am sorry to hear that. I have had my home broken into 3 times. I have had a total of 5 guns stolen. One of them was my first shotgun that my grandfather bought me. It was a Remington 1100 20ga. I live about 45 min. from Lynchburg. I will keep a look out, but there is a one in a million chance that I will run into them. I still haven't gotten any of my guns back yet. It's been a few years now.

Not good news at all.
I feel for you. Good luck in recovering them.
I hope the S$%#mbags get caught
so you stringem by there balls.

Lee

That stinks! I am sorry to hear about that 797. I have one and i'd be pissed too. let us know if you recover your saws. Good luck. Cowardly sneak thieves. Give me 5 min. alone with em in a room with no windows and they'ed give you back crap they didn't even take from you. At least that's what i'd LIKE to happen.

might post on CL under saws and tools. Stolen, get others to watch for them.

Probably already gone through the channels to their final owners and may not be visible, but someone might read and recognize. Especially since they are fairly unusual saws they may stand out in someones memory.

Long shot, but a chance.
I had a friend who had two new Beta observed trials motorcycles stolen from the pickup bed backed up to their motel room somewhere close to Atlanta. (We are in Minnesota). A month later, another club member just happened to be in ATL airport, reading CL, and saw ad for two 'Beta Racing motorcycles' for $1500 each. Ad was obviously not a trials rider, no idea of what he had, no mention of the word 'trials', and didn't know they were $6000 motorcycles. Really stupid to put the ad in the same town you steal things from.......

Do you have the serial##s recorded?

My house got broken in to and I know how you feel. I hope you have serial#s or pictures that bare some burden of proof just in case.
Do you/your mom have any way of tracking down the the guys mowing the grass? I seriously hope you can track em down. At the very least, the theives deserve a good ole fashing a$$ whoopin.

My house got broken in to and I know how you feel. I hope you have serial#s or pictures that bare some burden of proof just in case.
Do you/your mom have any way of tracking down the the guys mowing the grass? I seriously hope you can track em down. At the very least, the theives deserve a good ole fashing a$$ whoopin.
i dont have serial#'s unfortunately but i can tell you every inch of the saws.

Ya, I know where they are. they are dope heads and they arent going anywhere but back to there houst to take a blast after they pawn or sell my saws.
I can not blame my mom but she was letting them onto the property to mow while she wasent there:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Put an ad on Craigslist and any traders in your area that your buying certain old McCulloch chainsaws as your a collector.
This way if they take the bait you get the chance to start breaking fingers and other choice bones........

I still havent got anything.

####in boys cant take the time to recover my stuff but they sure as hell can take the time to screw my a$$... Worthless.............

I am afraid my saws are good as gone.. I won't say what's fin to happen to the perpetrators upon my arrival...

I mean This is my lively hood. my 2 most prized saws... GONE:mad::censored::censored::mad:

god damn it im pizzed............

How can i get my saws back??

I will be done with school on the 9th. I set myself up for the SAT on the 21st. i want to go back home as SOON as possible,what a distraction. . . .

Help Me Out VA guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I still havent got anything.

####in boys cant take the time to recover my stuff but they sure as hell can take the time to screw my a$$... Worthless.............

I am afraid my saws are good as gone.. I won't say what's fin to happen to the perpetrators upon my arrival...

I mean This is my lively hood. my 2 most prized saws... GONE:mad::censored::censored::mad:

god damn it im pizzed............

Send the boys down here....Gators are out now and hungry after their long winter nap

Last edited:
That blows, had my home wiped out of guns a few years back. Be careful on retaliation, I'd want to kick their teeth in also. Them being crack heads may lead to future problems on your mothers property. They know where she stays now and if you hurt one of "them" they may go after her. Saws are alot different then people, just chalk it up as lost. What goes around comes around, they will get theirs sooner or later. Let the cops do their part, if any. Taking your own action may put them onto you when the crack heads deserved any beatings.

Back