Stolen Chip Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troutbum

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
On Saturday morning we showed up to do maintenance, on the way to the shop i drove past one of our chippers buried in a ditch 1/4 mile from the shop, wierd I though.
Then i realized what happened...Some one cut the chain on our gate and drive off with our older International 4700. They left the pin to the pendle hitch, and the cotter pin that holds the hitch pin. Guess they didn't want the bc 1800.

I guess the pulled into the ditch to "ditch" the chipper they left the chains attached and ripped off the D rings from the truck.
So if anyone sees an International with white cab and green dump bed with Alpine Tree Servies written very large on the side, dont buy it. It leaks everything and its stolen.

Truck found stashed on vacant lot, locked up tight with the chips and cleanup tools still in the bed!!!

Thanks guys. Don't know why anyone would joy ride in that, its more of a chore to drive. It's still weird to all of us. Especially where it was dumped, had to be a fairly good driver to get it there. And if I had stolen a big truck, i would have ran some stuff over. Not a new scratch on it

Way years ago My Uncle fired a young guy. A few days later, on the way in to the office, before starting time, he passed the young guy in one of his trucks. The kid din't have a car and was heading home to Ohio. He didn't make it out of MD, Joe.

Thanks guys. Don't know why anyone would joy ride in that, its more of a chore to drive. It's still weird to all of us. Especially where it was dumped, had to be a fairly good driver to get it there. And if I had stolen a big truck, i would have ran some stuff over. Not a new scratch on it
Not a New scratch on it.... Hahahaa so how many are there already
All seriousness glad to hear you got all your gear back

It is a '99 chip truck that we drive into the woods quite often, so... plenty. But I'm glad it back too, thanks.

Don't think it was the competition? Sounds like something they'd try around here...

Do you have a bus stop or station near you? Friend had his truck stolen one night, a 6 wheel Peterbilt dump. Found it 3-4 miles away near a farm where migrant workers worked. Never found the culprit but assumed it was some lazy bastard that didn't want to walk home.

Don't think it was the competition? Sounds like something they'd try around here...

Funny you say that, we've always gotten along well with rhe competition until this year, and started some serious beef with a start up company over a county contract...
Do you have a bus stop or station near you? Friend had his truck stolen one night, a 6 wheel Peterbilt dump. Found it 3-4 miles away near a farm where migrant workers worked. Never found the culprit but assumed it was some lazy bastard that didn't want to walk home.

And theres a bus stop right in front of our shop, but unless they were camping they probably wpuld have had to walk further from where they dumped the truck

They most likely dumped the truck because they got sick of trying to drive it, got nervous or obviously had to dump it before they got to their destination and have to explain where it came from.

Back