Stolen saw recovered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brimmstone

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Some of you might remember a while back I had saws tolens from my residence in Beaumont Texas. I just thought I would do an update that the 372xp has been recovered. I was in a pawn shop yesterday when just by chance I happened to look in their outdoor equipment area. I saw a Husky with a bar worn in a very particular pattern. Just by chance I had looked at the papers with the serial number on it that morning. After looking at the saw and discovering it was the missing saw I asked for a manager. They weren't real happy when I told them it was a stolen saw. I told them I had filed a report with the serial numbers on it. The police were called and after checking their files it was proven to be stolen. The pawn shop is going to be investigated as to the fact of receiving stolen property and the fact they hadn't reported the serial number on the saw. Just thought I would pop in and remind everyone sometimes thing do work out.

That is normally true but from what I'm finding out right now the pawn shop is in real deep because it is looking like they never reported the saws s/n to the police. I just found out from a friend that after I told him I had found mine down there and they had several Stihls he made a trip and found three of his that were stolen also. He contacted the police and they recovered them for him also. The kicker is that when he was leaving he overheard the officers talking about sending a detective unit down to inspect everything they had at the pawn shop and checking it against their records.

congrats on getting the 372 back, wish I coulda got mine back but it went across the border and it's gone. I'm getting an insurance check pretty soon
so i'm going to buy a new 5100 and a 7900 so it isn't that bad I guess.

That is normally true but from what I'm finding out right now the pawn shop is in real deep because it is looking like they never reported the saws s/n to the police. I just found out from a friend that after I told him I had found mine down there and they had several Stihls he made a trip and found three of his that were stolen also. He contacted the police and they recovered them for him also. The kicker is that when he was leaving he overheard the officers talking about sending a detective unit down to inspect everything they had at the pawn shop and checking it against their records.

Sad to say, that is the typical pawn shop. From what I have seen in my time at the 911 center and in searching for my own stolen stuff at a few, is the pawn shops exist just to fence stolen merchandise and get junkies high. In CT they ar required to take a photo copy of the DL from the person pawning and send a list of items to the police, however the descriptions are vague, the S/N's are either missing or unreadable, and why? because they know the stuff is stolen.
Since they are going to grossly break laws anyway, perhaps they should just directly exchange items for dope instead of bothering with money.

Good you found your stolen saw, as well as your friends gear.

Hopefully, many more people will get their stolen property returned from that corrupt pawn shop.

I had an acquantaince years ago, who embezzled from his fathers pawn shop.

He's no longer in my loop of friends.

Sad to say, that is the typical pawn shop. From what I have seen in my time at the 911 center and in searching for my own stolen stuff at a few, is the pawn shops exist just to fence stolen merchandise and get junkies high. In CT they ar required to take a photo copy of the DL from the person pawning and send a list of items to the police, however the descriptions are vague, the S/N's are either missing or unreadable, and why? because they know the stuff is stolen.
Since they are going to grossly break laws anyway, perhaps they should just directly exchange items for dope instead of bothering with money.

Thats the craziest part of this one though. You would figure they'd get rid of the numbers but they didn't. They had the drivers license and all the info for the guy who pawned it. It's looking like they just never bothered to report the s/ns to the police on the saws they have.

It sounds like the pawn shop is every bit as guilty as the thief. I would keep raising stink about it and try to get them shut down. Be sure to call the BBB also and notify them and the attorney generals office in your state wouldn't hurt either.

Latest posts

Back