Stop reading, join in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
Today a father and two sons came in the shop. They were toting a shiny 361
asking about muffler mods. The one son had some papers in his hand, they were photo copies of Lakeside's famous muffler mod for the 361. The father tells me the one son is on the chainsaw site all the time, the Arboristsite. I said really. I asked that son whats your name on the site. Being bashful he said he forgot his site name.

Being the gent I is I took them in the office and showed them a post I had just made on the site so they knew who I was on the site. That young man still wouldn't tell me his site name. I told him I had connections and would find out. We laffed. He bought a buckle and screen to do his Lakeside muffler mod. I showed him a few things about his 361 and we all had a good time.

It dawned on me after they left this site has over 35,000 members but it seems no where near that many members are posting, they must just be reading. That tells me so many are missing out on all the fun in here, they should stop just reading and start posting. Think of all the new blood, new arguments, new BS'ing, new usefull information if they would join in. That said here's an invitation to all those that read but do not post, start posting, join in the fun.

This post is for the young man that was in my shop today, make yourself known, post something. If you don't I will tell your pop the next time I see him I saw you on the street dealing crack, robbing an old granny in a wheelchair and kicking some poor guys pooch, yes I'm a firm beleiver in blackmail to gettttter done. So post!!!!!!!!!

Today a father and two sons came in the shop. They were toting a shiny 361
asking about muffler mods. The one son had some papers in his hand, they were photo copies of Lakeside's famous muffler mod for the 361. The father tells me the one son is on the chainsaw site all the time, the Arboristsite. I said really. I asked that son whats your name on the site. Being bashful he said he forgot his site name.

Being the gent I is I took them in the office and showed them a post I had just made on the site so they knew who I was on the site. That young man still wouldn't tell me his site name. I told him I had connections and would find out. We laffed. He bought a buckle and screen to do his Lakeside muffler mod. I showed him a few things about his 361 and we all had a good time.

It dawned on me after they left this site has over 35,000 members but it seems no where near that many members are posting, they must just be reading. That tells me so many are missing out on all the fun in here, they should stop just reading and start posting. Think of all the new blood, new arguments, new BS'ing, new usefull information if they would join in. That said here's an invitation to all those that read but do not post, start posting, join in the fun.

This post is for the young man that was in my shop today, make yourself known, post something. If you don't I will tell your pop the next time I see him I saw you on the street dealing crack, robbing an old granny in a wheelchair and kicking some poor guys pooch, yes I'm a firm beleiver in blackmail to gettttter done. So post!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::cheers:

I see a name at the bottom of the page, "iluvsaws", I've never notice that name posting, hmmmmmmmmm. Yes I'm on a mission here to bring out those that read and do not post. We need new blood to get this place rocking.

And poof he's gone, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,LOL

If I said it were I, you wouldn't believe me, because I leave my saws stock, so I won't say it was I who so mysteriously badgered you for information....

I'll make it up there one of these days. I think I have people in New Jersey, or some such forsaken place.....I can make it up that way.

I wanna hear the German rendition of you ain't nothin butta hound dog.....

and I wanna test a theory I have about prelubing a guide bar with brylcreem....

I think I join in too much.

Look at my post count! Yikes.
I could take the opposite of your advice and be better off LOL.:cheers:

Neat post wonder if he'll chime in. That would be cool.

What type of language was used during these converstions?:ices_rofl:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , wait they were new so I was on my best behavior. If they become regulars well you know a cuss word might slip now and then,haha

The question is, Mr Thall, did you tell him to mod now, or wait until its broken in?

I have half a tank through my new 361, and Im fighting the itch to "Lakerize" it already. I have done probably 15 of these for various people, this would be the second of my own.

(This is my first new 361)

I think I join in too much.

Look at my post count! Yikes.
I could take the opposite of your advice and be better off LOL.:cheers:

Neat post wonder if he'll chime in. That would be cool.

No such thing as joining in too much, this is a chainsaw family, we want everyone at the table eating viddles, not sitting in front the TV!!

I hope he'll come out and join us. He had a real interest in chainsaws. His pop told me the son just got into climbing so I know he's a saw buff. He also has a MS460 so he's into saws..

The question is, Mr Thall, did you tell him to mod now, or wait until its broken in?

I have half a tank through my new 361, and Im fighting the itch to "Lakerize" it already. I have done probably 15 of these for various people, this would be the second of my own.

(This is my first new 361)

Oh forget that, the look in his eye was he couldn't wait to mod that muffler. His dad said the boy is great at welding and using a tig so chances are good he's got it modded by now. I explained he may need to richen it up abit. I also showed him a new tach in the box and told him he would need one sooner or later if he's really into saws. I think that tach is good as sold, we shall see....

wow. so good to see someone getting into like he was.

everyone on here starts out just reading, i mean there's alrady so muc info here. but i do agree, we should all post more...

If I said it were I, you wouldn't believe me, because I leave my saws stock, so I won't say it was I who so mysteriously badgered you for information....

I'll make it up there one of these days. I think I have people in New Jersey, or some such forsaken place.....I can make it up that way.

I wanna hear the German rendition of you ain't nothin butta hound dog.....

and I wanna test a theory I have about prelubing a guide bar with brylcreem....

LOl, you can shake a apple off the apple tree but butta you will never shake me, thankya, thankya very much.

Speaking of dogs saw a ad in the paper, talking dog for sale. Went to see it. Sure enough a black lab. I said can you talk, dog goes sure can buddy. I said where did you learn to talk, he goes when I was in the CIA. They used me for all kinds of secret service things. I asked the dog owner how much you want for that dog. He says 10 dollars. I go whatttttttttt, why so cheap, that dog can talk. Owner goes yeah but the dog is a lying SOB, he's never been out the back yard so 10 bucks and he's yours,LOLOLOL

ok ok ok ill be the first to say i do read abit more then i do post, but most time somebody aready said what i was going to say so then i just dont post..but maybe i will know post more to get my word into things lol :cheers:

Back