Storm damaged red oak removal with crane

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deevo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is what the cottage owners saw when he arrived at his cottage, storm hit last Saturday, split at the trunk in 4 different directions, one landed on his neighbour's brand new tractor, and of course missed his old one! Very tight lane way, we got the bucket truck in and backed in the crane. Last piece was over 5000lbs. Only reason it didn't flatten the building was because one large branch was wedged into another oak (it preventing it from rolling) We secured the other 3 stems using the GRCS and port a wraps, they were all creaking pretty bad still! All 4 stems were 3' diameter. Big heavy wood! I weigh each pick, was almost 15,000 lbs of wood (on the building alone) we trimmed up and rigged as much as we could with the bucket truck before the crane arrived. Very small LZ to place the bigger sections as well.

Got everything down, cut up (chipping was done the next day) just as it was starting to get dark! I usually have my good camera with me all the time but it was with my other crew in the chip truck. So these were all taken with my iphone

Not sure if I mentioned it before, Youngbuck 20 helped me on this one! The poison ivy just went away a few days ago........and yes it got on my butt somehow!:laugh:That's no joke either

Latest posts

Back