Story just gets better

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodgermac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
A few months ago I told you about how my son in law bought an MS461 used that had a cracked fuel tank. Got that straightened out, saw worked great. Well yesterday afternoon a get a panicked call from my daughter that had a got the saw stuck and the tree was leaning against the house. So a friend and I load up and go up there. From the road I can see this 75 foot + tall red oak is leaning against the second story of the house. It was maybe six seven feet before he even started, too close and should have been dropped years ago. Anyway I’m laughing so hard I can barely make the turn into the drive. Luckily only damage I could see was the gutter was crushed and some facia damage. So my friend I determine his felling notch to deep, had no wedges to even help himself and tree leaned slightly toward the house when he started. So we drag out two pulleys, cables, and ladder. Since we had access to the tree we climbed on the roof, cabled it, double pulleied it to the winch on the truck. Moved the gazebo he would have crushed if the tree fell the right direction. Gave it a good pull, releasing the pinched 461, pull down the tree. Dumbs***. Anyway when all’s said and done. My daughter just handed me his chainsaw, no more saws for him. I’m surprised he was even able to cut the tree saw was super dull and bar slightly bent.

I'd fix his saw and slowly teach him how to use the thing and how to properly fell a tree as well. In due time, under your guidance/instruction maybe his wife will ease up and allow him to have it back in his possession, if not then maybe he should think about getting his balls back or start looking for another wife lol. Glad to hear that no one was hurt.

Latest posts

Back