Stovepipe cleaning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluequill56

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Note to self:

Next time, when unscrewing the pieces of a multi-section chimney brush, make sure to SECURELY hold on to the section sticking out of the top, so as to NOT unthread one of the lower sections WAY DOWN in the stovepipe... :eek:

Yep.....Not fun trying to rethread peeking way down there with a flashlight.

Probably shouldn't tell on myself, but after it's all said and done....it's kinda funny.

Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself, somebody else will!!

No one other than you has EVER done anything like that! :monkey:

Used to have to attach the first section of pipe to pull a well pump, trying to get it threaded into the pitless down like 12' in the dark well. Used an 18v flashlight, plus a bright LED headlamp, still can't see that far!

After using the rods all this time, next cleaning I'm going to pull it down from the top. My liner exits in my basement where I can contain and ventilate easily, and won't get killed for getting soot on the rugs. Just wanna see how it goes. Couple houses in my town have built-in cleaning devices. Feel bad for the one old guy, he must burn wet telephone poles or something, the creosote has blackened his whole chimney (block). Dont' ever remember him having a chimney fire, probably cleans twice a week.

My friend has rods that are much thinner and more flexible than mine, both got them at Lowes, so I don't know why they're different. Mine are brown, his are black, same size threads, of course.

Back