Stress Head crane ops

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
REG,
6'7", 275LB !!!, do you do like JPS, reach up and pull the tree down!
I dont know if many of you have meet John Paul, guy is a monster!
Sounds like you are too!
me 5'8", 140lbs!

Boy, i tried to leave this one alone, but i'm pissed. Had no idea camera equipment was now an essential piece of equipment for putting trees on the ground. Sorry hollywood passed you over, you ####ing camera whore. Maybe if you spent a little more time behind the saw and less behind a camera, you'd be skilled enough at tree work that you wouldn't have to prop up your fragile ego by posting a vid of every job you do. For us, putting a tree on the ground is just another job, nothing special enough to warrant making videos over. (Bet you still high five your guys every time you drop a stem, right? And i'll also bet you really take those videos so you can watch them over and over again while jacking off to yourself.) Personally, i find it a bit conceited, wasting all that videotape just to brag to your internet "buddies."

A ####ing "mouthpiece." What, jealous i've got more time on bigger cranes than you? Pissed i don't post pictures here that you can nitpick to make yourself feel better? Why should i post pics, to try to impress these internet weenies around here? Heck, there's only about four guys on this site with enough experience in cranes to even appreciate what we do.

I really can't believe things have degraded this far, now instead of driving up to a job and pulling out the counter weight, i'm supposed to pull up to the job and grab the camera so i can impress a group of guys who have their heads up their asses.

You know, i didn't come to this site to impress people with my work. I know i rub many the wrong way simply because of some different views of treework i hold. I came here to learn and maybe teach others. But if you are dumb enough that you can only learn from picture books, maybe i need a better class of people.

don't be getting all high and mighty on me now farmboy. its the time you live in. no videotape either. that time has passed. i am talking simple f'n cell phone shots and vids. without proof of the skill you claim you got then yes you just another mouth piece. just the way it is man. pics and vids can back up anything you say. why so scared? if you guys were really as good as you claim to be your boss would be proud to have his name and gear on the net.

whats the matter wulfy you scared buzzid gonna poke holes in your technique as well? i know of plenty of guys who talk up a game just like you do. man these mutts (and i am using dog reference for you) that seem to know everything and have an answer for every situation and it all sounds right but and here is the but when it comes time to show or do these guys just flat out suck. in fact they scare you with how they work and how unsafe they really are.

fragile ego? you crazy. i may be f'd up but a fragile ego i have not. its called confidence. you ever been called the best wulf? eventually that **** goes to your head and you start to believe it as well. now, at this stage in my life i am going for goat. greatest of all time. so yes i will get behind the camera and get in a few pics and have a few pics taken of me. why? because i am so damn good looking and i am so damn good at what i do. its a vicious combination but i make do.

all i am saying is that for the amount your mouth moves you'd figure you got some sort of visual aid to help back it up....... and since you got nothing of the sort i am forced to believe you just a mouthpiece. you remember that kid you really liked and what i told you abut him.......

now me beating off to myself working was a good one. lol for sure.

do i still high five the boys? hell yeah i do man. when we just got done doing what only we couldve done then you damn right i go over the the dude on the grapple and say great work and then i go over to the kid with the rake and thank him as well. and then say to the crane op great job, too. we just did in short order what wouldve taken joe blow 3 days to do start to finish.

are you telling me that your passion is gone for this game wulf? your #### no longer rises when you finished or in the middle of some hairy situation? maybe you ought to hang up your spikes man. not me dude. i love this game and the places it has put me. in harms way or in total safety i just love what i do. overzealous, maybe but my love for the effort cannot be questioned.

and as far as you coming out the tree when you miss a signal with your crane op all that can be avoided with headset communication. your boss seems to make loot. hell man, for the 15 to 20k you make him a day (yes i still think thats inflated hence the reason for me wanting pics of proof wulfy) you'd figure he'd spring for the communication link making your job that much easier and his day more profitable.

whatever dude. you just just said all these guys have their heads up their asses in one breathe and then in another something about learning from them or teaching them...... that'll be a hard sell now.

picture is worth a thousand words, right?

stay safe boys. i am off for the next 5 days. going on a little road trip.

REG,
6'7", 275LB !!!, do you do like JPS, reach up and pull the tree down!
I dont know if many of you have meet John Paul, guy is a monster!
Sounds like you are too!
me 5'8", 140lbs!

You misunderstand, thats beowulf. I weigh probably 155.

reg. what this lying **** you going on about as well? i have yet to embellish a damn thing i have said on this site. been nothing but straight cash, homey.

Justin, when you have a minute please?

don't be getting all high and mighty on me now farmboy. its the time you live in. no videotape either. that time has passed. i am talking simple f'n cell phone shots and vids. without proof of the skill you claim you got then yes you just another mouth piece. just the way it is man. pics and vids can back up anything you say. why so scared? if you guys were really as good as you claim to be your boss would be proud to have his name and gear on the net.

Ok, i'm cooled off a bit, sorry for going off like that oldirty, i usually like you because you shine a light on a part of our business that not many guys do full time. That being said, i honestly can't believe this push for videotape. How many treemen have videos of their work? Maybe fifty, out of thousands? This is part of what i tried to get at about beranek-there are a ton of excellent treemen who work in absolute anonymity. And i've also never seen a climber looking for work who gets asked for a video resume. When i get back to the shop and hear one of my coworkers talking about the sob he did over on lake street, there is never any request for video. Pics and vids can lie just as easy as words-shall i grab a few off the internet to shut you up?
I am getting a little irked about you assuming everyone is a part of the cell phone video age. I've mentioned on this site at least twice that i hate cell phones. I don't own one, never have. We got a company one we carry in the truck for emergencies and that's it. (I know what you are thinking, weak excuse, but it's the truth.)
As for the last part of this paragraph, do you really think your antics have shown the best light on your outfit? I talked to my boss about this, about letting me post some pics of pooh and some of our picks. He checked out this site for a few days and flat out told me no-if his good name is going to be represented and drug through the mud on this site, he will be the one doing it, since it is his baby. To be honest, while i've heard some good things about your outfit, some guys who don't know your outfit at all have run it through the mud too. Besides, i usually hang out in commercial or arborist-do that many homeowners actually come on these forums looking for tree companies that are advertising?

whats the matter wulfy you scared buzzid gonna poke holes in your technique as well? i know of plenty of guys who talk up a game just like you do. man these mutts (and i am using dog reference for you) that seem to know everything and have an answer for every situation and it all sounds right but and here is the but when it comes time to show or do these guys just flat out suck. in fact they scare you with how they work and how unsafe they really are.

Actually, not scared at all, just sick of hearing advice from guys who aren't my peers. Honestly, how many guys on this site go out with a crane five days a week? How many go out with a 60+ ton crane five days a week? Anybody? Please, speak up, i'd love to talk to you. Perfect example, few years ago on a climbing saw thread i mentioned that i prefer rear handle saws, 357 for the small 395 for bigger, i believe. You went out of your way trying to tell me how good the 200t was even in the big stuff. I shrugged you off simply because you had no idea what i was in every day. A couple years later, now that you are closer to being my peer, what do you use every day? Huh? You were talking out your ass at the time because you didn't know what you were talking about for my situation. That's the kind of stuff that irks me-if you do nothing but trim, don't tell me how to do my job.

I'll freely admit it, i'm a son of a #####.:D I'm just surprised that even after the years on this site you think i don't know what i'm talking about. But that's your prerogative. How did this site get along before everyone started posting pics? Am i really the only guy on here who hasn't posted a pic?

fragile ego? you crazy. i may be f'd up but a fragile ego i have not. its called confidence. you ever been called the best wulf? eventually that **** goes to your head and you start to believe it as well. now, at this stage in my life i am going for goat. greatest of all time. so yes i will get behind the camera and get in a few pics and have a few pics taken of me. why? because i am so damn good looking and i am so damn good at what i do. its a vicious combination but i make do.

No, i haven't been called the best, simply because i'm not. I've worked with guys better than me. Guys in my outfit are better than me. I just try to keep improving. Besides, when someone who i know is better than me tells me good job, that means a lot more than all these homeowners that must think you are the best. Simple compliments from real peers mean much more to me than titles given by the clueless masses.
And i hate to burst your bubble, but while you are good, your aren't the best. You've got a few years left to go.

do i still high five the boys? hell yeah i do man. when we just got done doing what only we couldve done then you damn right i go over the the dude on the grapple and say great work and then i go over to the kid with the rake and thank him as well. and then say to the crane op great job, too. we just did in short order what wouldve taken joe blow 3 days to do start to finish.

are you telling me that your passion is gone for this game wulf? your #### no longer rises when you finished or in the middle of some hairy situation? maybe you ought to hang up your spikes man. not me dude. i love this game and the places it has put me. in harms way or in total safety i just love what i do. overzealous, maybe but my love for the effort cannot be questioned.

Nope, still love what i do. You really think you are doing stuff that ONLY you could have done? I tell my guys good work at the end of the job. Do i throw a party celebrating and documenting my awesomeness every time we finish a pick. Of course not. Picking fifty trees out of a backyard, while a good job, it isn't actually doing something that no one else can do. When we actually do something impressive, then we high five.

and as far as you coming out the tree when you miss a signal with your crane op all that can be avoided with headset communication. your boss seems to make loot. hell man, for the 15 to 20k you make him a day (yes i still think thats inflated hence the reason for me wanting pics of proof wulfy) you'd figure he'd spring for the communication link making your job that much easier and his day more profitable.

Actually, that was a specific incident i was thinking of several years ago where the sub op didn't want to use a radio. Don't worry, you are not on the cutting edge. We've been using helmet communications since long before you first brought it up.

Lol, and the truth comes out-you've been pissy ever since you found out you aren't the top crane guy in the country or even the northeast. How do you think the boss pays me what he does? My crew usually does $100k worth of work for him a week. My crane will do in one pick what takes yours three. Get over it, you're still in the bush leagues. I personally know two other outfits in my state that bring in more than you doing crane work.

Final thought, why are pics so essential for you? I've worked with three guys on this site and have done work for two others. That's not enough for this site to actually believe i know something?

Last edited:
irony anyone :dizzy:

lol Good one Banshee. :D

I honestly would love to meet half the guys on here. I'm not pointing fingers or naming names, or even hinting that this is anyone in this thread. However, if half the guys on AS are as good as they say, and I've seen pics, so I'm mostly inclined to believe they are, I feel like a midget in a giant's pissing contest. World class talent must be here. I just like being able to read everyone's experiences.

Thanks everyone.

Jeff

All this bragging got me thinking...
*chest pumps*
we roped a ~10k piece over a house today with no crane, no grcs, and no porty, just old school skills boys...
*chest pumps again*
3 wraps and hold er tight
*chest pumps one more time for good measue*
:givebeer:

U guys need to lighten up, every tree guy i know is the baddest mofo out there, its all the same final product everyone just does it different,

Just Get the Tree in the Truck, whether you chip it, throw it, or boom it just get er done.

o btw size dont mean much with climbers, IMO im 5'9" 150lbs i can fit inbetween limbs, spike the bean pole, and get out on the limbs further than a 240 would like too, does that make me better than the next guy? Im sure 240 alot harder to pull up into a tree then 150

I just love when guys have to brag.

...one missed signal and i'm coming down to have a little convo-and at 6'7", 275, the op usually listens. :)

"Just love it when guys have to brag"...and that wasn't the least of it...lol.

Only thing I see with a 6'7", 275lb, self-proclaimed, non-braggar-braggart, is someone who throws their weight and "power" around.
My boss, who has been my (and here we embark on that pc crap we were warned about) best friend for more years than I care to relate in public, would know to reign in the bully and puff attitude when confronting a problem.

Yelling, "Hey, Dumb-%%%, let up on the line," draws alot less interest from my other quatities that a bullying-behemoth, barrelling down on me with some much-needed traction in his future.
At 5'10' and 150lbs on a heavy day, combined with the various fields someone of my "spindly stature" might investigate, I can safely say that information and communicaion can overcome any imminent %%s-whoopin' that could result from ANY problem...we are not actors on Axe-men, already...

Get to the job, do the job, leave the job, hold the drama...

Here's the half a dozen cuts from the job, what the hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwTOWDKHEwk

I sure hope it doesn't offend anyone

And Beowulf, when did Jerry Beranek ever claim to be the best at anything?

In fact, probably a more humble and down to earth guy you will not meet.

Hey, nice to see all the videos back on the Tube! I love watching your stuff. My wife watches you sometimes, and immediately comments, "don't ever do that please?" lol She refuses to go to a job where I climb more than 10 feet or so. lol

Thanks Reg, and good work.

God bless,

Jeff

#### that if he's on the phone I will let the chokers hang all day , and if doesn't see that than I will send him back to the ground empty .. I will be damned if I am gonna get pinched cause some homo has to talk to his "old lady " about some lost car keys .. And radios used when In direct eye shot of the crane is gay ..

Boy, i tried to leave this one alone, but i'm pissed. Had no idea camera equipment was now an essential piece of equipment for putting trees on the ground. Sorry hollywood passed you over, you ####ing camera whore. Maybe if you spent a little more time behind the saw and less behind a camera, you'd be skilled enough at tree work that you wouldn't have to prop up your fragile ego by posting a vid of every job you do. For us, putting a tree on the ground is just another job, nothing special enough to warrant making videos over. (Bet you still high five your guys every time you drop a stem, right? And i'll also bet you really take those videos so you can watch them over and over again while jacking off to yourself.) Personally, i find it a bit conceited, wasting all that videotape just to brag to your internet "buddies."

A ####ing "mouthpiece." What, jealous i've got more time on bigger cranes than you? Pissed i don't post pictures here that you can nitpick to make yourself feel better? Why should i post pics, to try to impress these internet weenies around here? Heck, there's only about four guys on this site with enough experience in cranes to even appreciate what we do.

I really can't believe things have degraded this far, now instead of driving up to a job and pulling out the counter weight, i'm supposed to pull up to the job and grab the camera so i can impress a group of guys who have their heads up their asses.

You know, i didn't come to this site to impress people with my work. I know i rub many the wrong way simply because of some different views of treework i hold. I came here to learn and maybe teach others. But if you are dumb enough that you can only learn from picture books, maybe i need a better class of people.

That may be the best post that I have ever read , even though 19k is #### for weight and your a ####Y I like your style , You are my new hero and from this point on I will NEVER DISRESPECT YOU , REP SENT....

Last edited:
editted videos are essentially fiction

fun to watch tho

Well, I can assure you it is actually me in all my videos Dave, they are edited though to fit into the 10min youtube time-slot. Fiction, to me sounds like pretend, when in fact they couldn't be any more truthful.

Well, I can assure you it is actually me in all my videos Dave, they are edited though to fit into the 10min youtube time-slot. Fiction, to me sounds like pretend, when in fact they couldn't be any more truthful.

I like your videos , because I respect the way you work , its seems quiet controlled with little to no bull####, I think the way a employee conducts himself/herself on the job is more important than even the nicest piece of equipment , most customersnot don't even remember the color of the trucks ...

Latest posts

Back