stretch air

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JPS,

We are of cause governed by 'ENs' or European Norms. Norm EN 381 complies with protective clothing for chain saw users, part 5 EN381-5 specifies the demands for leg protection wear. This norm definies three types (or designs) of leg protection wear, according to the kind of protection Type A, B and C.

The norm also prescribes 3 classes that correspond to the chain speed with which the tests have been done.

Class 1: 20 m/s
Class 2: 24 m/s
Class 3: 28 m/s

On your trousers you shoudl find the following: the design (A, B or C) of your trousers, the class and the pictogram of norm EN 381

The disscussion point of washing trousers was raised so it may be a point of reference to say that all tests unless otherwise indicated are carried out after 5 washings at 60 degree C and line dried 5 times.

types

corect me if im wrong

a, front of both legs and a bit on the left side of each leg

b, same as a but with some protection on the right side of each leg

c all round

jamie

Jamie,

Type A : Type A or front protection covers each leg partly (180 degree) and 5 cm to the interior part of the right leg and 5 cm to the exterior part of the left leg.

Protection starts at max. 5 cm from the bottom of the leg and ends at min 20 cm above the crotch.

Type B is identical to type A but has an extra 5 cm of protection to the interior part of the left leg

Type C covers each leg all round (360 degree), the protection starts at max. 5 cm from the bottom of the leg and ends at min. 20 cm above the front side of the crotch and at min. 50 cm under the back side of the crotch.

For types A and B the protection must be fixed permanently on the sides of the protective padding, and the fixation of the protection must resist to a force of min. 200 N.

ok

cheers for the clarification, i could have gone and read the label on my trousers, but i cant be arsed

jamie

chainsaw protective clothing-important raw fabric

:popcorn: We wish to establish a business relationship with some manufacturer about Raw material for chainsaw protective workwear. I think i could go to win-win about our raw material supply if you i am looking for who could connect us and the workwear manufacturer.

As known ,there is one kind of stuff inside the chainsaw forestry trousers or chaps,it is light weight,comfortable and fully washable.The stuffs can stop a chainsaw running within a certain time once the blade hits the chaps or trousers,so to protect the front of the legs.

Our product being tested the chain has stopped within 0.1seconds.The chainsaw runs at 20m/sec,24m/sec wchich is EN 381-5 Class 1,2 Norm.So if possible,could we do some business with this raw material?

We have the certificate of the raw polyester fabric from TESTEX Swiss textile testing institute.

Are you interested in this fabric business ?They will take you into great surprise with our good quality and best price for you or your customer.

Look forward to getting any person reply soon.
With thanks & best regards,

Gavin

Email:[email protected] :spam:

When I first started wearing chainsaw trousers around 10 years ago it was the done thing not to wash them but that appears to be an old wifes tale !! We only put them on when using the saws and took them off to drag brash etc !!! :bang:

Latest posts

Back