Stuck Muff

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo26

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I have attempted a couple of times to remove the muffler on my 1994 026. I have removed all of the torx screws and it does not budge? Did I miss something, or is it carbon glued? Does the same Lakeside Rx for 2 5/16th holes apply to this older muffler, and are the holes drilled from the entrance hole (no baffles in the way?) Am I correct to assume there are no limiter caps on a '94? Have done my searching, and thanks in advance for all of your help and wisdom.

Pablo26 said:
Hello, I have attempted a couple of times to remove the muffler on my 1994 026. I have removed all of the torx screws and it does not budge? Did I miss something, or is it carbon glued? Does the same Lakeside Rx for 2 5/16th holes apply to this older muffler, and are the holes drilled from the entrance hole (no baffles in the way?) Am I correct to assume there are no limiter caps on a '94? Have done my searching, and thanks in advance for all of your help and wisdom.

How many screws did you take out???

I have to go home and look at it again, but I think it was 2 long torx which were deep in the access holes.(was it 3?) Seemed like they had to have been into the motor The muffler appears to be crimped together, so the front cover did not release.

rahtreelimbs said:
If I understand you correctly you took only the outer 2 screws off. The muffler is a 2 piece unit. The outer 2 allow you to remove the outer cover exposing the inside where you find 2 more!

SORRY Folks! Nothing like looking super stupid for my first thread! Of course it was 2 small screws and the cover came right off. The good news is that this 12 year old piston looks pristine! Now, this muffler has 4, 1/4 inch holes in it already, which looks close to the area of the exhaust. So, perhaps no more holes are in order here? Thanks again! Paul

Pablo26 said:
SORRY Folks! Nothing like looking super stupid for my first thread! Of course it was 2 small screws and the cover came right off. The good news is that this 12 year old piston looks pristine! Now, this muffler has 4, 1/4 inch holes in it already, which looks close to the area of the exhaust. So, perhaps no more holes are in order here? Thanks again! Paul

Nothing stupid at all.. Were here to learn.. Enjoy the site ask as many questions as you can..Somebody will try to help..

Oh, I forgot to mention that the 4 holes are stock, I have not added a couple.
I was thinking of modding, but looks like the area is pretty ideal, except maybe for the spark screen? This site rules!

Pablo26 said:
Oh, I forgot to mention that the 4 holes are stock, I have not added a couple.
I was thinking of modding, but looks like the area is pretty ideal, except maybe for the spark screen? This site rules!

Mine has the entire area where the four holes are removed, leaving a rectangular opening covered by the spark screen. My saw runs beautifully and this seems like a good setup.

Back