Stupid question - stihl 044 - 10 or 12mm?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a dumb question. If an 044 serial number is 127606576 is that a 12mm or a 10mm wrist pin?

I know its supposed to be anything after x29583701 is a 12mm but I can't figure out if the "X" stands for the first number (meaning that the one I listed is actually smaller than x29583701) or if thats a variation or something, meaning that the number I listed is actually larger.

Can someone set my spinning mind at rest with which wrist pin this saw would have please?

Yes the x counts for the first number...if what you posted is the serial break I'd say you have a 10mm

They put "x" in the place of the first number in technical bulletins because the machine can have different first numbers depending on where it was manufactured: Germany=1, U.S.A.=2, Brazil=3, and so on...

I have the same stupid question.

I came into a basket case - it's missing the entire top end. Guy said his buddy took it apart to put new rings in it & his g/f threw out a box that he had the whole top end in it (piston, cylinder, pin, bearing...) - along with air filter & plate that sits on.

Anyway, I scoured the thing & can't for the life of me find the s/n on it. None to be seen on any flats at the front of the saw in the muffler/chain cover area. The pin is missing so can't measure that - but the piston pin hole in the rod is almost exactly 15mm ID (also, a 10mm deep socket slides in it pretty snugly).

It's a really good looking saw, I'm hoping it'll be a keeper.

Latest posts

Back