Sugihara and Tsumura vs Rollomatic ES

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the 026 the Stihl 16 e bar in 3/8 picco with 63ps60 drive links is the fastest cutting set up on the 026. I’ve had many 026/260. Stihl bars are hard to beat. The Stihl es bars last a long time. If you are going to run a 20 inch on a 038 mag I would stay with Stihl es it’s not a lightweight saw anyway. The 24/25 is a good choice for the 460. I have a ported 044 12mm I run a 24 tsumura light and tough solid bar. It’s a very good bar.comstock logging has 20 inch tsumura for Stihl for 39 and 24 inch for 45 those prices are the best I’ve found. On a 50-60cc Stihl the regular e bars work just fine

11 years old thread Stihl pretty funny, I say get a 460 do all your mods, use a bit extra oil take it outside fire it up on the woodpile exhaust aiming at his house and let it idle through a full tank for partial break in then fill up again after it fully cooled and do another heat cycle and at the end of the tank of gas just be gentle and easy and slowly no extreme high revs and help it break in some more, every tank a little more agressive. People claim idle is bad yes it can help buildups of carbon gain more traction but a good idle with decent oil really makes the rings seat into the bore and piston so nice, then give that neighbor some more higher power runs!!! Or do one tank in morning anther the next day and next day good cool off is highly recommended get to full temp let drop to ambient temp!

Back