Sunday night...whatcha workin on?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you have hole for casters at bottom of the frame, I installed 4" casters on mine & makes life much easier when I need to move it around.

Good idea if you just can roll it around on a flat floor, not so good if you have to lift it off and on a truck, just adds weight and then requires a lot of tying down once its in the truck bed. This gen gets lots of time in the truck and boat.

Pioneerguy600

about to go watch family guy, wish i could be outside but it's raining here and we have a chance for t-storms (maybe one rubble if we are lucky)

Wifey went out and picked up some Stone Cold Creamery.

Yum

Also thinking about bumping the power up of my 340 if the bottom end can take it, would think it could. Want a 346 but want to try this first.

Mowers and trimmers and saws, oh my! Winterizing some for customers, trying to figure out what other clients actually did to their machines and cleaning mufflers. Always cleaning mufflers. Sigh.

What am I doing?

Puttin my Super EZ AO back together. I decided after 30 years, it was time to dress it up and give it a rest. Tore down completely, bead blasted and repainted. New seals, rings, fuel and oil lines. Bearings are fine. P&C look good. In fact, I was amazed at how good the cyl looked.

Here are some before photos.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

re tiled the hearth in front of my insert, removed the coil from my 026 )need one if someone has one)

Chipper down

Tore into the old Troy-Bilt. The drum went off center and started to tear things up. Having a hard time finding the bearing carrier for it. Might have to cobble one together myself. My brush pile is getting big, gotta get it done soon.

Also fixed my old pressure washer: carb diaphragm, crusty flywheel & magneto cleaned off, fresh pump oil and motor oil. Washes like a champ now.

Well I didn't see this thread until this morning because I was out in my shop.

But I tore down my new/old 046 and wrote down a parts list...new piston,seals,gaskets,chain catcher,etc....

Then I tore into my neighbors 028's carb....The guy took the filter out of the tank and then ran it for a while...... I saw him in his yard trying to get it running before he came over asking me to take a look at it...I asked him if he was training for the upcoming Olympic event of chainsaw throwing!!:dizzy:..Scored by distance,style and proximity to the dog poop pile!

I gave him scores of 8....5....and 10! :monkey:

I have a 1971 Mercury 7.5 horse-power outboard on the edge of my bench.It has what is referred to as "Thunderbolt" ignition. Well it looks as if the wiring was struck buy lightning. All wires are fried. The worst is that virtually know parts are available.Points go for $114 a set.It has good compression and is in other wise good condition, Ken

Send that Merc. over this way and it will be fixed pronto...:)

Pioneerguy600

Putting my Stihl 042 back together with new gaskets and seals. Unfortunately I dropped the piston and the skirts did not make it......... Poor little thing..... Either have to find a 042 piston or I am considering looking for a 048 top end for it.

Some kind of Jonsereds, a 038, 7-55 Mac, Mall 2 man helper handle and transmission clamp. 394 getting plastics sanded and cleared. Uh, thats it for now :)

Latest posts

Back