Oleo-Mac 970... any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeasaburt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 70 (+/-) cc saw and found an offer for an Oleo-Mac 970.

I don't know anything about that brand, I only have Stihls untill now and a 44/ms440 is tempting but this one is quite cheap (€290).
As far as I know they were exported to quite a lot of countries (made in Italy if I'm not mistaken), does anyone have experience with one?

I also found 2 Husqvarna 390xp's for €420, one is for parts, one supposedly running well. Heavier than I need, already have an 064/660 hybrid, but it's kinda tempting...

I'm looking for a 70 (+/-) cc saw and found an offer for an Oleo-Mac 970.

I don't know anything about that brand, I only have Stihls untill now and a 44/ms440 is tempting but this one is quite cheap (€290).
As far as I know they were exported to quite a lot of countries (made in Italy if I'm not mistaken), does anyone have experience with one?

I also found 2 Husqvarna 390xp's for €420, one is for parts, one supposedly running well. Heavier than I need, already have an 064/660 hybrid, but it's kinda tempting...
good saw,, lots of torque

Snap them up at that price. Put the parts saw on eBay. You will make a good price for it and the running saw will cost you very little.

Anyone knows if parts for the Oleo-Mac are still available/easy enough to find (in Europe, or with affordable shipping at least)? Does it share parts with other brands, maybe?

For the 390xp i would guess it's not too hard to find parts?

Latest posts

Back