Super E-Z parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ax-man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hello,

I need a solid state coil for a SEZ Homlite, it is the blue colored one, I think Prestolite is the manufacturer.

Also need some misc. parts for these SEZ Homlites, air filters and 3/8-50 ga.7 tooth spur chain sprokets.

Larry

Larry,

My Blue module crapped out as well.

I just used an old coil (points type) from an old junker SEZ & used an atom module & it works great.

I know the blue ones are rare & always fetch big $$ on ebay

Hey Mike,

This might be the most common sense way to solve this one. I have another points coil to work with, I have not tried one of those conversion kits, yet, so this will be a good one to practice on.

Where is a good place to put this module?? This saw doesn't have a place under the flywheel to put the module in like the saws that have points.

I don't how I got on this E-Z kick, they are fun to try and get them going again. For a small saw they offer alot in such a small package and are light weight and easy to use.

Thanks

Larry

Last edited:
Larry,

Why right under the kill switch of course........

This has worked well so far & I have not had any issues with anything hitting in to it yet. of course I am always carefull with it.

The only thing I would change would be to put a grommet where the wires go inside to protect fron chaffing & etc.. However that has not been a problem at all.

This is its second year with this setup. Runs great......

Mike

I have a new Oregon Powermate drum and rim for this saw if you need it.
Bob

I took the recoil assembly off and drilled a small hole in the flat area towards the back, that way it is out of the way. I put the screw thru it then took my dremmel and cut off the excess. It's been in there for 3 years with no problem. My neighbor crazy glued one in the same place. I laughed at him but it has been there for 2 years and no problems. Those little blue coils are notorious for going bad, I have changed about 3 of them this month.

Latest posts

Back