super high price parts on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtracy1223

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I was cruzing ebay for old homelite and mac stuff. Just killing time. To make it easier to find saw I put in highest price first so I didn't get all the little $2 screws and stuff. I started running acrossed a bunch of really screwy prices on stuff like cluches and ignition moduals and stuff like that all well and above $500 and it wasn't really rare or top end stuff . I found ignition mod. For super ez auto for around $600 if I remember randys engen parts. Not sure if this is a joke or a mistake or if these parts are worth this much to someone out there? Just thought I would run it past y'all and see what u thought.

Not sure how you edit posts but to be clear I ment to say that the mod was around $600 And there were a bunch of em at that price all from randys engine parts.

Gear is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay for it, always been that way... I just sold a super clean 075 for 200 bucks, but seen a rough as guts parts one that didn't run with no muffler or clutch cover sell on eBay for 275 a week earlier, so maybe old Randy isn't as silly as he looks.

Yep the interwebs are a strange place......last night I was looking for a needle valve for a Keihin CVK carb..(NOT rare)...found one.......$35.00 plus $13 S&H.......now an OEM rebuild kit is only $15-$20 with all the gaskets, plugs, rubber parts and the needle valve.....silly...but I suppose they catch a few now now and then.....

I buy & sell on ebay, but....

I am rarely able to find oem parts for less than my local dealer's prices. Oftentimes, if the shipping is free, the prices are higher, if the prices are a bit less than the local sources, the shipping eats up the difference. This seems to hold true for most of my stuff, Stihl, Deere, etc.

One must be very aware of counterfeit parts as well. Parts listed as "OEM Spec" are always suspicious. The worst item I can verify is with drive belts. The so-called oem spec belts prove to be of lesser quality than the true brand name part, sometimes lasting only a fraction of the oem part lifespan. If it's difficult to replace, the belt seems to break sooner, just sayin'.....:msp_biggrin:

The only stuff I usually have success with is old, NOS stuff that I can't find at a dealer. I sell a lot of old auto parts this way. I'm always surprised when they bring high prices, amazed at items people bid and pay high prices for. It's the same old saying, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Latest posts

Back