• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Super low hour 024-REDUCED

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very low hour 024. Bought it from my cousin about 8 months ago. He accidently straight gassed it, so I tore it all down and it had very minimal transfer on the cylinder. Cleaned it up with acid and put in a new OEM piston. Runs GREAT! I also replaced all the rubber while I had it apart just cause I wanted to. I did new crankcase seals, new intake boot, new fuel and impulse line, all new AV rubber, new clutch springs and new clutch bearing. I used OEM parts for everything. I also modded the muffler and replaced the tilotson carb with a walbro 194. Needless to say, this things rips for 42cc! Nearly new 16" bar and chain and new elastostart as well. I really hate to sell the saw, but I tend to grab my 260 as my goto saw, so it's not being used very much. I've probably ran 8-9 tanks thru it, so it's mostly broken in. Have all the original manuals that came with the saw new. Also have 2 air filters (one new OEM, and one used OEM). Looking to get $250 shipped. I know that's a little high, but I have more than that in the saw. I guarantee no issues at all. If your not happy with the saw, ship it back and I'll return your money. Not interested in any trades, need the cash right now. thanks, Daryl

20140806_203859.jpg 20140806_203838.jpg 20140806_203815.jpg

Do you happen to be the fella with the standing offer on fort smith Craig's list to buy professional saws of any brand? Always imagined that guy was on here somewhere. If so, great idea! Why search out "you suck" deals when you can have someone call you!

What is the compression #?
Does it oil the chain good?
What is the damage on the bottom handle frame, is it just on the edge?
This would make a good limbing saw to go with my 036.
Yes i am interested.

I checked the compression after about 3 tanks on the new piston, it was right at 150. Oils perfectly. Not a stingy oiler at all. It oils even at idle; Some dont like that, but I prefer it. never noticed any damage anywhere. Where are seeing it? On the rear handle or top handle. Let me know where and I'll take some close up pics for you. I can also check compression tomorrow night and take a picture of it. I've tuned it with a fast tach to 12500. fantastic limbing saw, nice and light.

In the 7th pic just to the right of the top handle. On the rear handle frame. It is not damage, it is the skelitionized frame.
I was not wearing my reading glasses sorry. Everything is sharp over 4' away just not up close. At 56yrs. old the eyes are starting to fade a little. I still have my rugged good looks though!!!

I like chain oil, less wear, stretch, and heat.

I see no damage. That handle looks clean. It looks like some kind of shirt material is in the way of part of the picture. I have two of these saws and they are perfect limbers. More power and better built than a ms250 or 025. Just a bit less torque than a 026.

Hey Dennis, I'll send you a pm when the postman comes around just so you'll know. I'll try to get it to the ups drop as soon as I can. Been trying to clean off my workbench here lately, found an extra 16" stihl bar and a chain at about 50%. Pretty well used, but still got some life in it, you want it? I can throw it in the box with the saw to give you a backup. I just bought one of the .325 lightweight sugihara bars from the weedeaterman site last night. Hopefully it will last me quite a while. Daryl

Back