Super RG50 operator presence device?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've been renting a Super RG50 for the last 2 days, and the first day I had problems with it. I took it back to the rental place today and we finally figured out (they rented me a BRAND new machine) that the problem was being caused by an operator presence device which was located below the control panel. After leaving there and going to my next job I placed 2 pieces of electrician's tape over the sensor figuring that it was based off distance or something. The thing died. I had to stand right in front of the thing in order for it not to die. None of the other RG50's or the RG90 that they had for sale had this sensor. Can anybody tell me anything about it? What it's looking for or otherwise?

I've been renting a Super RG50 for the last 2 days, and the first day I had problems with it. I took it back to the rental place today and we finally figured out (they rented me a BRAND new machine) that the problem was being caused by an operator presence device which was located below the control panel. After leaving there and going to my next job I placed 2 pieces of electrician's tape over the sensor figuring that it was based off distance or something. The thing died. I had to stand right in front of the thing in order for it not to die. None of the other RG50's or the RG90 that they had for sale had this sensor. Can anybody tell me anything about it? What it's looking for or otherwise?
I saw one on a new Rg 90 it keeps the operator from looking to the right of the windsheid, As soon as you move away from the control panel the Grinder will shut down. Just more safety stuff

Do you know though if it was a proximity sensor or if it was a heat sensor? The tape didn't work for @$#%, so that made me think that maybe it was looking for body heat. The guys at the rental place were wondering what will happen come winter when people are wearing heavy jackets.

Who the heck grinds stumps in the middle of the winter anyway ?? :p ;)

Latest posts

Back