super split or woodwolf ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im going to be getting a new splitter soon. The SS has been around for a long time and proven des. But the woodwolf is a grand cheaper. The thing I like about them besides the speed you dont have to shell out 150-200$ a year in hydro oil and filters. Has anyone seen a woodwolf work? I can't the video to work.

thanks John

Im going to be getting a new splitter soon. The SS has been around for a long time and proven des. But the woodwolf is a grand cheaper. The thing I like about them besides the speed you dont have to shell out 150-200$ a year in hydro oil and filters. Has anyone seen a woodwolf work? I can't the video to work.

thanks John

So um er, tell me about your maint. schedule that you spend $200 a year for a hyd log splitter.?

Aside from that, the SS has been around for a long time. You can't find one for sale used. That says alot about them. I plan to spend the extra money for the real deal.

My dads old Brave woodsplitter is every bit 30 years old.. Never once had the hydraulic oil changed.. heck it even has the same sparkplug that briggs put in it at assembly.
No filter to ever have to change..

A few guys that i know run tw5s and built rights thats about what they spend in fliters and hydro oil every year.

Splitter Maintenance???

You might want to change a filter once in a great while but the oil should be good for a millennium.

iam in mass and have a tw5 for sale..dont know how much firewood you make each year but its its alot this will do it.....let me know if interested

150-200$$???? It dont even cost that much per year for the IH 656 hydro to keep up. Less then $60 a year for filters and that included the primary and secondary on the hydro, engine oil filter, and gas filture. Still got the original hyd. fluid in the powerhorse splittor. The only reason I would ever be concerned about changing the hyd. fluid is if it got contaminated by something else... accidently put gas or dish soap..into the resovoir then ya.. I would be droppin it out and flushing the system. Sawdust... pfft.. change the filter.

(no i didnt put gas in the resovoir or dish soap..)

a friend of mine has one, he likes it he said it was well worth the money.I f you decide to purchase one. If you would post a review of it, many members on here would appreciate it.

wood wolf... i would love to post a review but cannot get one...
i called a few weeks ago to buy one. long story they are 50 units behind and operate in an unheated space in NH!? they locktite a lot on the machine and need warmer temps... so i was told it would be ABOUT april....
sorry guys....:cry: im pretty sure im just gonna wait till then to save a grand over the super split

operate in an unheated space in NH!? they locktite a lot on the machine and need warmer temps... so i was told it would be ABOUT april....
sorry guys....:cry: im pretty sure im just gonna wait till then to save a grand over the super split

Smart move tlrlc!

They are in business in New Hampshire and don't have heat?????????????????? Talk about not being prepared to take care of your market :dizzy:

Buy the Super Split and keep some $$$ here state-side.

Talk about not being prepared to take care of your market

But their cheaper!

Does make me wonder if there's more to the price advantage then just Chinese parts. If you're flying under the radar operating out of someone's old chicken coop you can avoid a lot of things like commercial electrical rates, having the tax assessor know you have commercial equipment, proper business insurance like liability and workers comp, etc. that other companies do have to pay.

Do me a favor. Have your friends send me that used oil that they change every year. I'll recycle it for free. No hydraulic oil gets changed around here unless it's contaminated, but if it was free, I'd change some.

Let's see, MF tractor was split in about 93 for a clutch, I think it got new trans/hydraulic fluid then. My splitter's never been touched, or the fluid on my hydraulic drive haybine. The old tractors get changed every couple years, as they tend to collect moisture.

Back