Superstitions??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been hearing the locust for over a week now. Some of the smaller Cherry trees have already turned and dropped their leaves. The squirrels appear purposely busy already. The corn husks are a bit thick this year. Frogs are showing up in the yard.
The old farmers are claiming an early frost, fall and hard winter.
I might just start movin' some of the firewood in the house this month... could be lightin' up in early September.

I have also noticed the cherry trees dropping leaves out this way, and the acorns are falling already too. Apples seem to be getting red early, strawberries and blueberries were late.

In my area, we've had tough winters the last two years. I'm hoping for something a little milder this year... And those tough winters didn't help the bugs at all. We've also had wet summers, especially this year, and the mosquitoes have been around in large swarms.

Been hearing the locust for over a week now. Some of the smaller Cherry trees have already turned and dropped their leaves. The squirrels appear purposely busy already. The corn husks are a bit thick this year. Frogs are showing up in the yard.
I might just start movin' some of the firewood in the house this month... could be lightin' up in early September.
How dare you utter the S-Word in a public forum. Have you no decency, sir? Yea, the wood is already in but please don't tell Mother Nature. Summer is short enough.

Last week there was a cool breeze here in the morning. Enuff that I grabbed a jacket. All it too to get me thinking about winter........

Last week had me thinking also. It felt like September.

But temps this week are back in the 80s so back on schedule.

i dont know where you people been but it has been hot,wet and humid here since may. typical summer here 97 degrees with 100% humidity.

The cicadas are driving me nuts. Can't tell if it's them or ringing in my ears.

We had a fairly long and slightly tough winter last year. I'm figgerin' this year isn't going to be any better.

No cicadas here yet. Some years they are deafening but nothing so far. It is still a bit early though.

Back