Sure is loud in here........do i need to start a peace treaty?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a husky in the garage now that's getting torn down to install new crank bearings and seals. Then its getting ported with lathe work also. Maybe just maybe I'll keep this 372.

Holy cow, the opposite thread sure did get popular. I wander if this one will. So can't we all get along? If you own a chainsaw your alright with me. Pick your own brand and I'll pick mine and no arguments.

Really I'm just really bored after my surgery and had to post something:( And by the way STIHL rules:rock: and the other brands too I guess.
:msp_biggrin: hope you feel better after surgery!! :msp_biggrin: home a echa- poula- domer rules!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Im in my fifth week of recovery after knee surgery, still have one more before i go back to work. They called it minor surgery but it aint so minor when its your knee. I tried a stihl before, no thanks, Husky and Echo for me!!
hope yer knee heals good! my dad has to have exploritory surgery on his sometime soon, later cobey :msp_biggrin:

:msp_biggrin: hope you feel better after surgery!! :msp_biggrin: home a echa- poula- domer rules!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Thanks! Not sure about that language. I understand STIHL. Guess your not a Steelers fan if your in Pittsburgh KS. I just don't think there will be any peace here.:msp_biggrin:

what is cad?

CAD= Chainsaw Acquisition Disease.

What is it?

When you finally get enough saws for what you need to cut but then you just keep getting more because it looks cool, you don't have that model, you don't have one that color, you heard that would outcut the models you have, it's a new model, it is being discontinued, it was a good deal, it was a bad deal but you felt sad and needed something to cheer you up, you need a saw to loan to your brother in law, you're getting even with your wife for buying another pair of shoes, you need a really big saw because you just never know when a storm will take out your neighbor's really big tree, etc etc....

What is it?

When you finally get enough saws for what you need to cut but then you just keep getting more because it looks cool, you don't have that model, you don't have one that color, you heard that would outcut the models you have, it's a new model, it is being discontinued, it was a good deal, it was a bad deal but you felt sad and needed something to cheer you up, you need a saw to loan to your brother in law, you're getting even with your wife for buying another pair of shoes, you need a really big saw because you just never know when a storm will take out your neighbor's really big tree, etc etc....

You already got it:msp_scared: If your a post freak like bsnelling or just a roamer here on the chainsaw forum.

fearofpavement
Originally Posted by chadihman
Wow, I almost lost my lunch after seeing that picture. That's sad even though I'm a STIHL fan. What's the story behind that?
Those saws were all used in chainsaw massacres and had to be destroyed by the authorities.

contraffazioni - It means forgery: Google Translate :msp_scared:

By God, I think he's right!

Today was way to nice a day to lay on the couch so I set up my chain grinder on the deck and stood charpening chains this afternoon. I just had to find something to do while off for six weeks. Didn't ask the doc if its ok but I was about to go stir crazy. Can't argue about chains or grinders can we?
IMAG0324_zps2774626a.jpg

I finally bit the bullet and bought the same grinder not too long ago.. im starting to get the hang of using one although i still hand file most of my chains..

In before lock!

[video=youtube_share;xS3Y_4Wxs5M]http://youtu.be/xS3Y_4Wxs5M[/video]

The grinder works great. It's the oregon 511ax. I wander if the hydrualic assist model is worth the extra $100? The manual clamping gets old when you know there's a model that auto clamps when you pull the grinder down.

I have the NT knock off. I find if I tighten the clamp just enough so the chain can still slide through, I just use my hand to keep the chain against the cutter stop. No tightening or loosing the clamp this way. Just make sure the chain

Oh, if you're using the grinder to grind the depth gauges, I grind all of them on the side facing the grinder. Then I flip the chain around and grind the other side. This keeps the grinder from chattering. Again, I don't tighten the clamp each time.

OP, I've thought of starting a thread such as this. AS needs a chat or a shout out box. That way it doesn't get to be 5 miles long and take forever to load.

Chainsaw--------aquisition-----------disease

What is it?

THANKS----I HAD BEENTOO EMBARRASSED:confused: EARLIER TO ASK.

IVE HAD THIS DISEASE FOR A LONG WHILE I was also ashamed to put all of the saws I own on my "edit signature" page;

Do my fellow 'AS' MEMBERS have CAD like myself?? :msp_thumbup: If so, we need to tell it all.

JohnL

THANKS----I HAD BEENTOO EMBARRASSED:confused: EARLIER TO ASK.

IVE HAD THIS DISEASE FOR A LONG WHILE I was also ashamed to put all of the saws I own on my "edit signature" page;

Do my fellow 'AS' MEMBERS have CAD like myself?? :msp_thumbup: If so, we need to tell it all.

JohnL
There's two different types of CAD. You own all Stihls so your type of CAD is not life threatening. Just be glad you don't have the life threatening Husky CAD. You would kill yourself after dealing with loose screws.

Latest posts

Back