Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was going to shorten a chain today and got it popped apart and shortened but dont have the right size presets :(
had two to do for the guy and it dont look like thats gonna happen for a few days now..have to stop by the shop and get some monday if they are open.
if it was my chain i would drill out the holes and use what i have but it aint mine.
thats about all i have done in over a week now ??

Can you explain how you restore it? I have a few I'd like to slick up if possible.

Hey marc.
First clean up the plastic real good with hot water. Scrub it down goos with a scotch pad. Then get a good sharp razor blade and start scrappinng all the old crud/plastic off. Dont be afraid to get in there. The razor blade is probably the biggest part of the process.
After you get about every area done with the razor, get some 200,600,1000 grit sandpaper. Make sure its wet/dry sandpaper. And wet sand all of the peice. be sure to wipe it down with a rag peridiocally. After you finish off with the 1000 grit paper wide it down and put it close the wood stove, not close enough to melt the plastic! Just enough to get it warmed up. Then get some clear coat spray paint (the good kind) and spray thin even coats of the clear coat. Set it in front of the stove again to dry and repeat the process one more time... good as new :) it took me maybe 5-6 hours to do my 046.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Was going to shorten a chain today and got it popped apart and shortened but dont have the right size presets :(
had two to do for the guy and it dont look like thats gonna happen for a few days now..have to stop by the shop and get some monday if they are open.
if it was my chain i would drill out the holes and use what i have but it aint mine.
thats about all i have done in over a week now ??

Dang Ron you need to get something going?Don't know what to tell you to do?

Hey marc.
First clean up the plastic real good with hot water. Scrub it down goos with a scotch pad. Then get a good sharp razor blade and start scrappinng all the old crud/plastic off. Dont be afraid to get in there. The razor blade is probably the biggest part of the process.
After you get about every area done with the razor, get some 200,600,1000 grit sandpaper. Make sure its wet/dry sandpaper. And wet sand all of the peice. be sure to wipe it down with a rag peridiocally. After you finish off with the 1000 grit paper wide it down and put it close the wood stove, not close enough to melt the plastic! Just enough to get it warmed up. Then get some clear coat spray paint (the good kind) and spray thin even coats of the clear coat. Set it in front of the stove again to dry and repeat the process one more time... good as new :) it took me maybe 5-6 hours to do my 046.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it would work.I am looking for a 044 or 046 for my Nephew.Need a builder project cheap LOL

attachment.php

attachment.php

Body work is no problem for me LOL Done a hell of a lot of that!Just been a few years ago LOL I can still lay on some paint too! LOL

Look close at second pic,you can just see the wire at the bottom of the handle were it joins the flat bottom part.
some epoxy as filler then dress it it up and paint and be stronger than new and nobody would notice.

Latest posts

Back