Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm at it.......I picked up this little t... over the weekend....Free...thought I could use the 18" bar if nothing else.....was told it was dead...toast....all done....OK

Pulled the muffler expecting to see the usual thing you see in a 55.......BUT it was near mint!! Could probably benefit from a new ring, as most everything does. But it had compression so I put on a 16" 3/8" B&C I had hanging on the wall because the guy kept the chain but gave me the 18" bar......He said he always used that Trufuel or similar (very expensive premix stuff)....smelled good...but I fueled it up with my reg mix of Stihl Ultra.......fired it up...tweaked the carb a tad on the low side and used it all day yesterday!! Ran fine...idled good even after a number of hard cuts with the bar buried in maple.. I found no problems with this saw other than it was a little to rich on the low side....and I had to take another turn on the starter pulley so the cord retracted correctly.....Me thinks he just made a big deal about it so he could convince his OL that he NEEDED a NEW saw....LOL!!! Fine with me.....this one will not live here....I'll take some time an go through it then it will go on the market...or trading stock.... I have no need...

In my time doing shop work I put a new coat of paint my ol' 'Nadian stove too!!!! Raining like the devil here this morning......guess I'll have that rig fired up first thing this morning.....shop DAY!!!!

like that stove but really like that 55. good on ya. just wondering if you can damp it down when it gets a tad too toasty.

Morning. Cold and blowin here but its supposed to rain. Sold a load of firewood this morning and had the grinder out to fix up some chains. Now I don't know what to do. :confused:

Doing way better today ! ?????

Cut a couple fish gills in the new 346 muffler,stuck in the stove for a bit to burn that crap they put on it off. Just painted it will grill paint. Now I can get rid of that silly looking one on it.
Don't think I will try firing any saws up today,better wait on that ? Feel like I could OK , but scared ! LOL

Doing way better today ! ?????

Cut a couple fish gills in the new 346 muffler,stuck in the stove for a bit to burn that crap they put on it off. Just painted it will grill paint. Now I can get rid of that silly looking one on it.
Don't think I will try firing any saws up today,better wait on that ? Feel like I could OK , but scared ! LOL

Let em sit for a day. Let the back heal then give em a whirl.

I would really like to try out these J-Reds , but they will be there tomorrow or the next day. LOL I haven't fired up the P62 yet !! That is just killing me !! I want to try that one out so bad !!!!! LOL

Go see what I can get into now ? LOL

Tore down my Nephews 350 , it would only move 1/4". Couldn't see anything,tried pulling the jug,won't budge. Tore it the rest of the way dow to pull crank and all out. After I have it all out,gave the jug a twist again,slid right apart ! Wouldn't do that in the saw !
This is the same jug the cir-clip broke in before. Well did it again ? Jug looks good nuff to try again. LOL

like that stove but really like that 55. good on ya. just wondering if you can damp it down when it gets a tad too toasty.

Oh yeah....no problem...it's airtight.....nice big gasket around the door....nice controllable draft.....manual..... not thermostatically controlled...just have to be careful loading in the morning...if it's a sunny day with snow on the ground I get so much solar gain after 8 AM it can get a little to hot for working.....will bump up 10 degrees in 45 mins....However I can blow cabin pressure anytime by opening the 16 foot by 16 foot doors in the front gable end!!! Also if I have a man working with me and we are doing 40 hr weeks and making money I have oil fired in floor radiant heat that runs very economically if I keep the stove going too.....about half a tank of oil per season....

Oh yeah....no problem...it's airtight.....nice big gasket around the door....nice controllable draft.....manual..... not thermostatically controlled...just have to be careful loading in the morning...if it's a sunny day with snow on the ground I get so much solar gain after 8 AM it can get a little to hot for working.....will bump up 10 degrees in 45 mins....However I can blow cabin pressure anytime by opening the 16 foot by 16 foot doors in the front gable end!!! Also if I have a man working with me and we are doing 40 hr weeks and making money I have oil fired in floor radiant heat that runs very economically if I keep the stove going too.....about half a tank of oil per season....

That in floor heat is nice !!

Back