Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That in floor heat is nice !!

Yes it is....I really like it....same temp in every part of the shop....just that oil so darn expensive...pretty close to $4.00/gal this last winter.....I have oil fired infloor at my home too....shut the whole system down last yr.....had it going a couple times when I was away for a few days but other than that heated the whole place all winter with wood..shop and home......get to runs saws?????!!!!!!!!.........HAVE to run saws!!!!!!

Yes it is....I really like it....same temp in every part of the shop....just that oil so darn expensive...pretty close to $4.00/gal this last winter.....I have oil fired infloor at my home too....shut the whole system down last yr.....had it going a couple times when I was away for a few days but other than that heated the whole place all winter with wood..shop and home......get to runs saws?????!!!!!!!!.........HAVE to run saws!!!!!!

My new stove does a great job heating the whole house,the old on didn't. I have propane back up , it runs a little in the mornings if I don't get moving soon nuff. LOL

My new stove does a great job heating the whole house,the old on didn't. I have propane back up , it runs a little in the mornings if I don't get moving soon nuff. LOL

Good to have an automatic backup.....that's the way the shop is if I can afford it....stays right at 65 degrees which is perfect for working in a tee shirt from 7 in the morning in the middle of the winter.....

Welp...lunch break is over......making more headway at the shop today...more to go......Hoss gets his toenails trimmed this afternoon at 4..........

Glad you're feeling better today John....those Jonsereds have been quiet for quite a while...they can be quiet a bit longer!!! Lucky someone cared enough to bring 'em back.....they could have been quiet forever and ever...LOL!!!

Good to have an automatic backup.....that's the way the shop is if I can afford it....stays right at 65 degrees which is perfect for working in a tee shirt from 7 in the morning in the middle of the winter.....

Welp...lunch break is over......making more headway at the shop today...more to go......Hoss gets his toenails trimmed this afternoon at 4..........

Glad you're feeling better today John....those Jonsereds have been quiet for quite a while...they can be quiet a bit longer!!! Lucky someone cared enough to bring 'em back.....they could have been quiet forever and ever...LOL!!!

Got the parts for the 80 too , thanks to you ! LOL May get after it soon. Then there is the 920 ! LOL Plus the 621 stihl don't run right,not sure why its waiting ? LOL Stihl watching for a 670 ! LOL

I see Jimmy lurking,he asked about a 55 Husky the other day. Wanted to know what we thought of them. I can't help there,only had pieces of them. LOL

Been a crazy day for me. I've logged lots of miles and lots of headache. Just been checking in on the Smart Phone as I have a minute here and there. Fixing to walk out the door and call it a day.

I picked up my 55 yesterday. Needs a top end and cleaning but should be alright. Guy was apologizing he couldn't find a chain for it but he handed me a brand new 20" bar for it and a bag of AV mounts. Then says I'll get you another recoil as that one is cracked a little and need a new handle. Then he keeps digging in his tool box.. mutters something and I asked him.. "What?" I can't find that bag of chain adjusters .. I know they are here some where.. I'm real eager to get into that project but the 288 is first and then this East German Cold War saw I'm working on. I've got the whole ignition plate off and I need to check it out. Hopefully clean the points, put it back together, and make some Cold War People's Saw noise....no it isn't mine.

I'm going to add wood heat to our next house. Wife loves gas logs but even if I go outside wood boiler, I refuse to pay a gas or electric bill when I can easily heat with wood and I enjoy it.

Last edited:
I have plenty of trees and saws , just not the back to do much of it. LOL I will try trading saws and saw work for wood again this year. Worked out good last year !

I'll trade you wood for saws Boner. You pay shipping!!! Lmao.

I have plenty of trees and saws , just not the back to do much of it. LOL I will try trading saws and saw work for wood again this year. Worked out good last year !

Guess I will have to cut and split you some when I come visit!:msp_thumbsup:

Tore down my Nephews 350 , it would only move 1/4". Couldn't see anything,tried pulling the jug,won't budge. Tore it the rest of the way dow to pull crank and all out. After I have it all out,gave the jug a twist again,slid right apart ! Wouldn't do that in the saw !
This is the same jug the cir-clip broke in before. Well did it again ? Jug looks good nuff to try again. LOL

Good candidate for my golf game.

So decision time.. do I pull the 288 down and give it a proper rebuild / refurb or just sling the new ring in and roll with it? It's a tough choice..eager to hear it run but also know better than rush to running. I'm thinking replacing bearings and all in the bottom end and cleaning it up fully is cheap insurance for a milling saw right now. Thoughts?

Are there different classes, with and with out bar or is that what you tee it up with?

They must have a factory bar on them, any length is fine and whatever you think gives them the best balance or really whatever scrap bar that comes with or is laying about. Poulan WT`s are very good for range, they are aerodynamically correct for long flyte.

So decision time.. do I pull the 288 down and give it a proper rebuild / refurb or just sling the new ring in and roll with it? It's a tough choice..eager to hear it run but also know better than rush to running. I'm thinking replacing bearings and all in the bottom end and cleaning it up fully is cheap insurance for a milling saw right now. Thoughts?

For milling,..you can`t build them strong enough, nothing puts a harder beating on a saw than milling from what I have learned. I just started milling myself with a 690 Solo but have only a couple tanks through it so far. From what I have heard and read the bigger the cc saw and the more torque type saws are the best.

Back