Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I might be making some money with this knife making thing. My dad has ordered a fallkniven f1 clone, Scandi grind. I may have a few others coming up soon. Time to go put together a grinding jig.

The F1 is convex grind which makes it a good hunting knife , I don't think that a scandi grind would be a good grind for that blade style but the next fellow may love it , the bare blades have a larger handle for scales than the thermoplastic grip .
Knifemaking - How to make a knife bevel - YouTube , about as basic as it gets for a grinding jig (Sorry John) .
I think a Scandi grind would be more suited on a Woodlore type or traditional blade style but that's just my preference .
I like my S1 , BRKT Highland Special , Enzo Trapper , multiple Mora's , multiple Grohmann's , Puma's , Polar blade's ...............Hey ! I got more knives than saws ............ Maybe .

Code:
The F1 is convex grind which makes it a good hunting knife , I don't think that a scandi grind would be a good grind for that blade style but the next fellow may love it , the bare blades have a larger handle for scales than the thermoplastic grip .
Knifemaking - How to make a knife bevel - YouTube , about as basic as it gets for a grinding jig (Sorry John) .
I think a Scandi grind would be more suited on a Woodlore type or traditional blade style but that's just my preference .
I like my S1 , BRKT Highland Special , Enzo Trapper , multiple Mora's , multiple Grohmann's , Puma's , Polar blade's ...............Hey ! I got more knives than saws ............ Maybe .

He already has a duc custom for a hunting knife, he wants this for bushcraft. He wanted a scandi grind on it, it will be mainly used like a mora.( carving, camp craft, making fires) I am a fan of flat grinds myself, but he asked for the same edge as a mora. I am not sure if it really is a true scandi, he always puts a tiny micro bevel on them.

Busy Slug day ! Tore down and rebuilt a MS210,worked on 2 whackers,sold a Eeko top handle.Took 2 junkers in on trade,Homie XL2 and a Stihl 031. YUK ! LOL But the 031 is in nice shape on the outside,but I think its scored. No matter it will get traded off ASAP ! LOL
Who wants the Homie ? LOL Stihl ran when it was put away 10 years ago. LOL

May get the P&C put on the 5000 tonight ! Its here ! Can't do a piston swap. :msp_angry: Its 45mm,but stihl closed port ! LOL Even got the original box !

Busy Slug day ! Tore down and rebuilt a MS210,worked on 2 whackers,sold a Eeko top handle.Took 2 junkers in on trade,Homie XL2 and a Stihl 031. YUK ! LOL But the 031 is in nice shape on the outside,but I think its scored. No matter it will get traded off ASAP ! LOL
Who wants the Homie ? LOL Stihl ran when it was put away 10 years ago. LOL

May get the P&C put on the 5000 tonight ! Its here ! Can't do a piston swap. :msp_angry: Its 45mm,but stihl closed port ! LOL Even got the original box !

Run it the way you got it,..you won`t be disappointed....:msp_biggrin:

Well , it still moves on three wheels LOL
Keep your eyes open for a good 5 to 6 hp motor so I can finish Doug's woodsplitter , it's the last piece I need , my Honda 5hp is older and smokes a bit at higher speed .

MMMMmmmmmmm.........Just made a pot of lobster/corn chowdah from the leftover lobsta and corn on the cob from the family b-day party yesterday for the OL.....green salad with roasted sunflower seeds too.....her b-day actually today.....been celebrating for three days now.....LOL!!! Ain't over yet either....LOL!!!

MMMMmmmmmmm.........Just made a pot of lobster/corn chowdah from the leftover lobsta and corn on the cob from the family b-day party yesterday for the OL.....green salad with roasted sunflower seeds too.....her b-day actually today.....been celebrating for three days now.....LOL!!! Ain't over yet either....LOL!!!

Now that is how to party ! :msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back