Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so good here this morning, thick fog and getting darker by the hour, rain is not far off. Sharpened a couple beat off chains I am using on a rotted out sill replacement job, found a few steel objects while dicing up the rim joists.

Dumb arse that broked my SD 115 brought me in an old Homelite saw to replace the one he broked. I told him no thanks,..he can just pay me for the SD. Don`t think he was real happy hearing that he was out $300.

Morning guys.

A bit of a saw question here :msp_scared: its been a while....

How do you think a homelite xl1(super ez) would be as an emergency saw kept in the truck? I have a red manual oiler xl1 in reasonable condition in one of the sheds. I got it for free at a scrap yard, never ran it but it sure has compression. having never ran one, would it be worth getting it going for that? It has spark and compression, just needs carb work. I recall hearing they were strong for their size?

Morning guys.

How do you think a homelite xl1(super ez) would be as an emergency saw kept in the truck? I have a red manual oiler xl1 in reasonable condition in one of the sheds. I got it for free at a scrap yard, never ran it but it sure has compression. having never ran one, would it be worth getting it going for that? It has spark and compression, just needs carb work. I recall hearing they were strong for their size?

You heard correct.

Morning guys.

Any saw that runs will make a good emergency saw. I find the older saws great for that type of use. I actually have one stored at a backwoods camping site, it might get started every 3-4 years and run for 15 mins or so to cut up some site firewood. Its an old homelite that someone gave me and it always starts up and runs well enough to cut a good stack of windfelled wood for a weekend campout.

Morning guys.

Any saw that runs will make a good emergency saw. I find the older saws great for that type of use. I actually have one stored at a backwoods camping site, it might get started every 3-4 years and run for 15 mins or so to cut up some site firewood. Its an old homelite that someone gave me and it always starts up and runs well enough to cut a good stack of windfelled wood for a weekend campout. It is one just like this one that does have a bar and chain on it.

Picturesteer%2520roast%25202011%2520287.jpg

I guess I will try to get the little guy going. Would there by any issue using 40:1 or 50:1 canned fuel in it? I am thinking that might be just the ticket for a saw ran a few times a year, that is always stored with fuel. I hear it can be good after 2 years in a saw? I will put up a picture later. It is in really nice shape, I am really surprised it ended up at the scrap yard. Glad I saved it. My pair of iel HMs were from the same day there... :msp_scared:

Latest posts

Back