Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OL just called , said she no longer has a job ! Her and several others were told right before the left for the day.

Hey Jimmy , got any jobs for my OL down there ? LOL All she knows is how to weave baskets ! LOL About 25 yrs of doing that.

May not be buying many saws for a while now ! **** ! :msp_razz:

Dam , may have to sell a few ! :msp_ohmy:

Well aint that a kick in the nads. Dam economy is going to wreck this country, all I hear about is businesses closing down in the States, that is certainly going to trickled down and affect us up here.

I think a Poolin has them beat ! Don't ever grind on the jug ! :msp_ohmy: Its about 1/8" thick ! But parts are super cheap and easy to find ! LOL

I can`t see them holding up even for a homeowner firewood cutter. Cripes the homeowner firewood cutters I know can wreck a Stihl 028 and its built like a tank.

Good thing I have enough to keep me busy for 5 years or so ! :hmm3grin2orange:

When I first started buying up chainsaws from the US I could get them shipped up here for $42.through USPS Priority Mail International, the latest ones cost me $120. Sure glad I gots so many I don`t need to ship many more now.

My Nephew could trash it on its first tank ! LOL

I only choose who I sell one of my 028`s to and have not had any come back damaged so far but I have repaired quite a few with ripped out AV buffers and torn manifold boots. Some were unrepairable with busted out bar studs and ripped out top handles and the like.

It is real strange, I am just swamped with work and the calls keep coming in continuously from people looking to get projects done wanting to know if I can take them on or if I know someone that can take them on.

Well then ! I can bring her up there for the summer to work,then down to NC for the winter to work ! :hmm3grin2orange:

I only choose who I sell one of my 028`s to and have not had any come back damaged so far but I have repaired quite a few with ripped out AV buffers and torn manifold boots. Some were unrepairable with busted out bar studs and ripped out top handles and the like.

They can't seem to understand , if you get it pinched, DON'T YANK IT OUT !!

It is real strange, I am just swamped with work and the calls keep coming in continuously from people looking to get projects done wanting to know if I can take them on or if I know someone that can take them on.

Just looked up the N.S. unemployment rate,,close to $%10 ,, that don't account for those on disability for "one" reason or another,,seems like close to %30 of the population is on holiday :) , no wonder your busy !!

N.H. is at %5.7 unemployment rate right now and we consider that bad..and not many on disability,to hard to get !! just ask John or myself , :(

When I first started buying up chainsaws from the US I could get them shipped up here for $42.through USPS Priority Mail International, the latest ones cost me $120. Sure glad I gots so many I don`t need to ship many more now.

Uh Oh,,,is that Dolmar going to be THAT expensive to ship !! ??
for that much i can DELIVER it !! LOL !!

Just looked up the N.S. unemployment rate,,close to $%10 ,, that don't account for those on disability for "one" reason or another,,seems like close to %30 of the population is on holiday :) , no wonder your busy !!

N.H. is at %5.7 unemployment rate right now and we consider that bad..and not many on disability,to hard to get !! just ask John or myself , :(

UE is around 8% to 9% around here. Not good at all !

I dunno John...I'll look around if you want. Sparky's wife has been dialed into it lately so she my know what's in this market more than I. FWIW I know we can't get lots on the ground quick enough....

Jimmy

The NS rate don`t take in the entitlement attitude the unemployed think they are entitled to . They all expect top wages but don`t want to put out anything for that. I was chatting with my electrician last evening after work hours. He can`t believe the attitudes of the apprentices his employer is hiring lately. They come on the jobsite and all they want to do is poke their Blackberries all day. They don`t produce 1.5 hours of actual work per 8 hr shift. He is a 34 year journeyman and has a crew of electricians under him and he sees it getting worse every year. His employer now wants him to take sensitivity training so that he does not hurt the apprentices feelings if he asks them to go to the job box to get him something he needs to accomplish an install.

Last edited:
Not to sure I would like the West coast ? I like the East coast better. LOL

I find just North of San Fran to be just about the same as around here and could live there easily but anywhere South of San Fran is too much different to me and I only like to drive through it and look around.

The NS rate don`t take in the entitlement attitude the unemployed think they entitled to . They all expect top wages but don`t want to put out anything for that. I was chatting with my electrician last evening after work hours. He can`t believe the attitudes of the apprentices his employer is hiring lately. They come on the jobsite and all they want to do is poke their Blackberries all day. They don`t produce 1.5 hours of actual work per 8 hr shift. He is a 34 year journeyman and has a crew of electricians under him and he sees it getting worse every year. His employer now wants him to take sensitivity training so that he does not hurt the apprentices feelings if he asks them to go to the job box to get him something he needs to accomplish an install.

Sad,,,but true...
no wonder your busy !!!
only one in 20 that WORK's !!

Back