Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Jerry. Hooskie envy doesn't look good on ya. LOL

Rick
I like Husquees as much as Ron likes Stihls, cept he likes throwing Stihls. I wouldn`t waste my time throwing them but running them over under the tracks of the excavator is not out of the question, bapping them with the bucket makes them fly.

When I cleaned out the second storage building a month or so ago I was relieved to find no Husquee saws or parts in there, the building smelled good before starting and it didn`t get stinked up at all moving all them saws around. Did find a bunch of Jred parts , they surprisingly don`t smell at all but they are from saws that are not considered worth owning or fixing. They got dumped to make more room fer me good saws.

Spent two years with them,..one F up after another ,had to part ways ,wasn`t pretty.
Don't sound like a good plac
When I cleaned out the second storage building a month or so ago I was relieved to find no Husquee saws or parts in there, the building smelled good before starting and it didn`t get stinked up at all moving all them saws around. Did find a bunch of Jred parts , they surprisingly don`t smell at all but they are from saws that are not considered worth owning or fixing. They got dumped to make more room fer me good saws.
Rotten azz ! LOL

ZZZZzzzzzlackerZZZzzz.......minus 1..or 2....LOL!!

Hey Unc!! PO says I got a box from you yesterday but the shop was locked down so I gotta swing by the PO and pick up this morning.......box from Jimmy may show up today too.....I'll be around the shop today.....supposed to warm up to low mid 20s today....be able to get the tractor started and clean up the snow around the shop and go down back in the woods and harvest that standing dead 24" dia maple I've had my eye on

ZZZZzzzzzlackerZZZzzz.......minus 1..or 2....LOL!!

Hey Unc!! PO says I got a box from you yesterday but the shop was locked down so I gotta swing by the PO and pick up this morning.......box from Jimmy may show up today too.....I'll be around the shop today.....supposed to warm up to low mid 20s today....be able to get the tractor started and clean up the snow around the shop and go down back in the woods and harvest that standing dead 24" dia maple I've had my eye on
I remember you saying it was bout to keep you warm.
I do a lot of standing locust for my brothers FIL.
Hit the ground and bark falls off!!!!

Not many branches for a while. RTB
Ready To Burn!!
Stay warm.

I remember you saying it was bout to keep you warm.
I do a lot of standing locust for my brothers FIL.
Hit the ground and bark falls off!!!!

Not many branches for a while. RTB
Ready To Burn!!
Stay warm.

Best wood I ever burnt was standing dead maple......beavers had dammed up about a 15-20 acre pond......drowned the forest.....killed off a stand of huge solid cedar.......-15F.....3' of snow on the ground...we bulldozed a 2 mile road back into the pond...to cut the cedar for my sawmill partner to build his log cabin. Dropped that stuff on the ice and all the limbs blew right off it......walk right along....limb the nubs....cut to length.....no dirt or rocks to dull the chains....same with the maple that was mixed in.....no bark on it, dried hard as a rock.....had that perfectly seasoned salmon color maple gets......man that stuff burned with a blue flame....just like coal. We had a 1942 Army 2 ton 4X4, dual wheels, 12' rack body dump.....235 Chevy six....we would load 14' cedar logs as high as we could pile....chain bind down. Had dual chains on the rear and single chains on front...drive out to the tar.....had a flat spot just before the road...unhook all 4 chains....drive right out of them....leave them there.....down the road 20 miles to our mill....dump in front of the log deck....back down the road 20 miles.....back back onto/into the chains... connect up...turn around...take up on the chains again and do it all over again......we hauled 20,000 BFT of 14' cedar logs out of there and 10 cord of maple, cut 4' in two weekends.....all loaded by hand.....LOL!! Those were younger days I guess.....came out after dark all four days....49SP strapped down on one front fender....70E strapped down on the other.....gas and oil sitting out front on the winch bumper.....them old army rigs had real narrow cabs.....only just enough room for both of us...lunch boxes, wood hooks, chains and tools etc. inside...

I got a lot of miles in a 2 1/2.
Rag top. Studebakers were Hard top. Favorite of the Russians.
All over Germany in one doing TDY.
And chains be nice.
Somewhere I have the army study on traction.
When my grandfather bought my dad his Disston 100A
They were cutting big maples with a crosscut.
Big Ol house. Lots of wood needed.
I got pictures of the Ol house somewhere.
I'll look.

Latest posts

Back