Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 041S
Got some saw building work done today. Tested the lil Makita 340 for air leak, found none, air tight as a drum. Ported a cylinder for an 026 , cleaned up two more cylinders. Found a complete 026/MS 260 in a box of parts, pulled it down, cleaned it up, installed the ported P&C on it and reassembled, just need to open up the muffler and its ready to run. Found two more sets of cases and cranks along with the complete saw so cleaned them

Cuttin metal to length?
Yup. From 1/2" to 15" diameter.

Cantdog
Heeeyep...it's stihl morning......nice warm, calm day here......gottsa big standing dead balsam fir 4' away from the back corner of my shop......been looking poorly....finally died off..no sprills anymore.....gonna come down today.......gonna burn it up quick in th Free Flow.....otherwise Dan will make a special trip down in the minivan for a full load of dozy, damp, jack fir....I know he will.....

tbone75
Heeeyep...it's stihl morning......nice warm, calm day here......gottsa big standing dead balsam fir 4' away from the back corner of my shop......been looking poorly....finally died off..no sprills anymore.....gonna come down today.......gonna burn it up quick in th Free Flow.....otherwise Dan will make a special trip down in the minivan for a full load of dozy, damp, jack fir....I know he will.....
Yer darn right he will !! LMAO !!

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Saw builds are a success , the Makita now idles nicely, spools up and runs WOT just like it should, not a bad cutter for its size. The 026 fired right up but my ears will be ringing for a while from that noisy opened muffler and 190 lbs comp, need to have my ear caps on next time I run it.....LOL

farrell

farrell

Weekend Warrior
Observations after runnin the 346 & 372

1) to cold for proper oiling with summer grade oil

2) both chains need more attention

3) both saws need a lil tweekin on the tune

4) comp on 372 must be better! Not the greatest chain and leanin on her hard with bar buried and couldn't slow it down!

tbone75
Observations after runnin the 346 & 372

1) to cold for proper oiling with summer grade oil

2) both chains need more attention

3) both saws need a lil tweekin on the tune

4) comp on 372 must be better! Not the greatest chain and leanin on her hard with bar buried and couldn't slow it down!
To cold today ? Almost 50 deg. here today ! My driveway is gonna be a mess !!

Latest posts