Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to change a tire.
Waited till 3 am

That reminds me,...I got to get another cross arm/4 way wrench fer the new truck. The one from the factory is a pathetic bent piece of round stock with a poorly forged socket on the end.It might break a lugnut free if it wasn`t on very tight. May have to get by with a 3/4" drive strongarm and a socket till I can find a metric cross arm.

That reminds me,...I got to get another cross arm/4 way wrench fer the new truck. The one from the factory is a pathetic bent piece of round stock with a poorly forged socket on the end.It might break a lugnut free if it wasn`t on very tight. May have to get by with a 3/4" drive strongarm and a socket till I can find a metric cross arm.

Yep definitely a must.....'specially if you had some heavy handed Acadian with the air wrench running off live air from the two stage, put your tires on..........LOL!!
Seriously though...those wimpy wrenches are designed, lengthwise so that the "Average" human can deliver the correct torque to lug nuts/bolts. And remove them as well......but as we all know nobody uses them to put tires on or off except in an emergency....where they may or may not work depending on who put the wheels on. Very frustrating if they don't........what is even worse is when you get all the nuts off but the "wheel center to hub " fit is so close that they rust together and the wheel won't come off even after you've struggled the nuts off.....in the dark.....in the rain.....in a wild fit.......yep... get a really big cross wrench...LOL!!!

Scrapologist - I don't collect saws, but I really can relate to your handle ;)
I'm that anal retentive ass that won't let others touch tires on my vehicle. I use a recently calibrated Snap On torque wrench to factory specs. Yep....thats me. Also don't deal with warped brake rotors either.....I show up with tires in the back of another truck.

If you want it done right...do it yourself.

Sent from my MiniMac running E-85!!

Last edited:
Sure is slack in here again !
Guess I need to get off muh flippy cap and do something besides play on flea bay ! LOL Got a little costly today !
So many saws to fix and so little energy today ! Even got a couple more hours sleep than I have been for a week or two !

Sure is slack in here again !
Guess I need to get off muh flippy cap and do something besides play on flea bay ! LOL Got a little costly today !
So many saws to fix and so little energy today ! Even got a couple more hours sleep than I have been for a week or two !

Hey John I got a little "thing" going on in the Jonsered Sticky.......got to go out with the wife for awhile so it will take a few episodes to get the whole story!! LOL!!!

I'm that anal retentive ass that won't let others touch tires on my vehicle. I use a recently calibrated Snap On torque wrench to factory specs. Yep....thats me. Also don't deal with warped brake rotors either.....I show up with tires in the back of another truck.

If you want it done right...do it yourself.

Sent from my MiniMac running E-85!!
Yuppers.
200K on a 4 WD one ton van on one set of discs.
Torque them..........

Yep definitely a must.....'specially if you had some heavy handed Acadian with the air wrench running off live air from the two stage, put your tires on..........LOL!!
Seriously though...those wimpy wrenches are designed, lengthwise so that the "Average" human can deliver the correct torque to lug nuts/bolts. And remove them as well......but as we all know nobody uses them to put tires on or off except in an emergency....where they may or may not work depending on who put the wheels on. Very frustrating if they don't........what is even worse is when you get all the nuts off but the "wheel center to hub " fit is so close that they rust together and the wheel won't come off even after you've struggled the nuts off.....in the dark.....in the rain.....in a wild fit.......yep... get a really big cross wrench...LOL!!!

Had one in every truck I`ve owned, left a very nice one in the ole blue GMC, just sitting behind the seat . Not sure it would have fit anyway but I could have welded a nice socket on it and that would have saved me some bucks.....LOL
The cross arm can be stepped on with one foot and pulled up on the opposing arm to really increase breakaway torque when really needed. The wheel can be broken free from the center hub by finding a big rock and giving er a big smack up the side of the tire rim.Only in the dire straights of getting one off under duress.....LOL

Got some saw building work done today. Tested the lil Makita 340 for air leak, found none, air tight as a drum. Ported a cylinder for an 026 , cleaned up two more cylinders. Found a complete 026/MS 260 in a box of parts, pulled it down, cleaned it up, installed the ported P&C on it and reassembled, just need to open up the muffler and its ready to run. Found two more sets of cases and cranks along with the complete saw so cleaned them up

Hey Jerry.
Hey John.
Hey Dan.
Running the saw tonight.
Cuttin metal to length?

Back